1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benghazi Hearing Heating Up!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Feb 8, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was able to watch most of the hearing today [something I've not often done] and found it very informative.

What bothers me is that in the seven-hour period of fighting and trying to stay alive while [I'm sure they were] waiting for help to arrive; Obama only had one brief contact with the DOD. Just what was he doing: shooting hoops? Shooting clay pigeons? Enjoying a leisurely, glutin free salad bar with Michelle? Planning another vacation?

I don't know how this will end, nor do I know if the GOP or the committee will have the guts to do what should be done. But from what I've heard today, and the bits and pieces I've heard since this started, Obama [because the buck really stops with him, as this is NO longer above his pay grade]] should be asked to resign [leaving us with Biden, and that may be worse than Barry] or impeached for failing to discharge his duties to protect American lives around the world.

I can lay good odds; that Barry was present from the opening minutes to the closing fist-bumps when the action to kill Bin Laden went down. I believe he was there, in the front row seat, popcorn in hand, not missing one exciting minute. The same place he should have been for Benghazi! :tear:

He should have been in the operation's [war] room during the entire seven hours, but, as of today, there is no one who knew exactly where the COIC was. I say he was MIA, or worse, AOL, and ought to pay the price for his reprehensible actions. :tear:

Of course, we all know he won't: I just said he should, because in a perfect world, he'd go down for his inaction. However, in this world of corruption and greed, he will finish out his term. :BangHead:

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Dude,

I believe he was there and knew what was going on and thus the story of the anti-Muslim movie mob. I feel he was made aware of the attack and was probably briefed hourly if not more but he didn't want anything to distract from the matter at hand (getting re-elected). Once Stevens was killed then they manufactured the mob story in hopes he could be distanced from the true and factual incident and releaved of responsibility. IMO

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well....

...your more lenient that I. I think he was about doing other things, not caring about these brave Americans. If the WH were under attack, you can bet your horse to cow that there would be an army at the front door in minutes.

Seven hours is a lot of time, and we could have had a platoon of Marines there to save the lives of those who hadn't yet been killed! Plus we could've taken out most of the bad guys.

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

My opinion, as well.

Sadly, how many more people, around the world, were hurt by the anti-Muslim movie story that was promoted as truth by the media, and others, for days?