1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn Debate on RTV.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Ben W, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I took this post from another board because I thought it would be of interest to some of the membership here.

------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone here who has SKY TV see AMTI on Revelation TV SKY 676 or if you have broadband just tap in www.revelationtv.com and you can see the programme which is repeated often this week.

AMTI are to jewish ladies who were guest on RTV Howard Conder who runs the channel made a remark on Benny Hiinn and one of the girls replyed that she was"nt a Benny Hinn fan and boy did that open up the floodgates of angry callers.

When the lines were open for phone ins , many christians had a go at the girls for speaking against Benny Hinn , one lady who claims to be a prophet was really angry and almost rained curses on the girls.

The main trust from the callers was "Touch not my Annionted" syndrome.

Ok the girls could having been more tactful but the heart of what they were saying was true , how there is a lot of deception in the church and how we need to discern .

Did anyone see this and what were your thoughts?

Oh yes and the next day they had Benny Hinns father in law obviously in support for Benny Hinn and even he implied that if you come against Benny Hinn could die.

Its so sad when you see folks defending the prosperity guys threaten folk with curses or death to anyone who comes against this ministry.
    It goes to show the lengths of how far these defenders of Hinn, Copeland etc, will go

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Wow... sad to say I don't get that station, but the website looks interesting.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------
    Oh yes and the next day they had Benny Hinns father in law obviously in support for Benny Hinn and even he implied that if you come against Benny Hinn could die.

This is one thing that gets me? Where is this in the bible (if someone comes aginst someone like Benny & touch not my annionted).... is it bibical?

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Absolutley not, yet why let the truth of the Bible get in the way?

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This shows that the heart of the dark ages still exists in mankind today.

The fact that you don't see real genuine persecution today is due to the Rev 7:1-4 act of God in withholding the four winds until the saints are sealed.

We are now living in that sealing time.

In Christ,

Bob

5. Pete

Pete New Member

Ben, where is it listed in their guide mate? Is there a download link or is it just streaming?

I was at a mate's place recently and read a bit of The Confusing World of Benny Hinn.

It's sad that so many people believe the stuff this bloke comes out with :(

6. Link

Link New Member

After studying uses of 'anointing', 'anointed' etc. in scripture I get the feeling it is used a bit differently in a lot of church circles than it is in the Bible.

usually 'anoint' refers to literally rubbing or pouring oil on someone. Priests and kings were anointed with oil. The New Testament uses anointed in a not-purely-literal sense when it says that Jesus Christ was anointed with the Holy Ghost. Other than that, the only reference to 'anointed' I can recall is where John tells his readers that they had an anointing from the holy one.

I do not see any evidence that an apostle, prophet, pastor, etc. is any more 'anointed' than any other believer. The word 'anointing' seems to get used today where 'spiritually gifted' or 'grace' is used in the Bible.

As far as the verse about 'touch not mine anointed' I don't think any of these people are trying to physically harm Benny Hinn or anyone else. Rebuking a pastor, evangelist, etc. for sin or false doctrine is not physically harming them. If done rightly it can actually help them.

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Aright I found the "touch not my anoited" scripture.... 1 Chronicles 16:7-36 (verse22) & Psalms 105 (verse15). So it is there in the bible...but the way that some are using it today may not be right?

1Chronicles 16:19-22
    When ye were but few, even a few, and strangers in it. 20 And when they went from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people; 21 He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes, 22 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

quote by Link:
    As far as the verse about 'touch not mine anointed' I don't think any of these people are trying to physically harm Benny Hinn or anyone else. Rebuking a pastor, evangelist, etc. for sin or false doctrine is not physically harming them. If done rightly it can actually help them.
    --------------------------------------------------True that! [​IMG]

Shame on them people for jumping on them Jewish ladies. If the truth be told the people who got angry better look at the scripture again and see who the scripture was speaking of when it says "the anoited".

8. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Reminds me of Oral Roberts when he said he would die if he did not raise $3 mil (or whatever the number was). He didn't and he didn't. :rolleyes:

That was about the same time he saw the 900 foot Jesus standing by and leaning on his hospital that he had to sell after it went broke. Made the American Cancer Society a nice facility though.

9. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

I believe that we should not' . . .touch the Lord's annointed.' The Lord does not train a 'born again' preacher so that people can speak ill against His agent in the pulpit and ministry.

Of course, the Lord Himself will bring His providence into the life of someone who tries to destroy the man of God. I have seen it happen. Believe what you want though, we have free speech in America.

Everyone has to make up his or her own mind.

This verse would have no meaning if the Lord God did not back up what He has said in His Word.

'Touch not the Lord's annointed.' [I Chronicles 16:22 & Psalm 105:15]

10. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Unsure Pete, I have about the same direction on the site as you do!

11. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

It is funny that I see Hinn preaching prosperity and demonstrating his healing powers but I have yet to see once where he gives an invitation for the audience to accept Christ as Lord and Savior

Hinn Is another one of those phony baloney preachers that God will deal with in due time.

Vengance is mine saith the Lord.

12. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

All Christians are anointed. That's what the word means: &chi;&rho;&iota;&sigma;&tau;&omicron;&sigma;

Yours in Christ

Matt

13. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Actually Jesus is the Christ (the anointed One)--We as believers have our identity in Him. It is not our anointing but His. So in reality Jesus is the only Anointed of God and we are covered in His anointing, not our own.

Blessings,
    Bro Tony

14. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Alright, then [​IMG]

Yours in Christ

Matt

15. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Here latly when flipping through the channels he has been preaching that salvation through Jesus is the greatest miracal (I heard Hinn say this, thats the only reason why I stopped and listened to what he had to say.).....BTW, this was the clips I seen while they are in Bali? or Indonisia? or India? (*I know its over there somewhere?) I'm so geographically challenged. [​IMG] But I do know which way is up~ ^ [​IMG]