1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn Discussions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bible-boy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Benny is quite similar to Yong-Ki Cho when he was young. Now Yongki Cho is over 70.
    I know him very well because I am a Korean. His church has over half million attendants every Sunday ( they claim 750,000). He is not a born again believer at all.
    Many people misunderstand about this point.
    Yongki Cho stduied McINtosh and Wantchman Nee quite well and therefore he knows much about Gospel, but his knowledge is just theoretical. He believes in his head but not in his mind. Most of the true believers in Korea do not consider Cho as a born again believer at all.

Benny and Yongki Cho held a joint meeting in Seoul October last year, where over 100,000 gathered.
    They make fake miracles, then excuse, even with that, God is glorified, even though we add some false things, Jesus is glorified !
    I think Benny knows that he himself is forging the miracles.

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a great pity that even John Hagee is trapped in working with Benny

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Stpaul,

You said, 'I've been to a number of Hinn crusades and have yet to see anything that could be considered miraculous.'

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Is that really that much of a surprise? John Hagee has picked up where Hal Lindsey has left off. He also believes in prosperity gospel, which I competely disagree with. However, on non-prophecy and non-prosperity matters, I've heard a lot of good stuff from him. I won't think less of those topics he speak on based solely on his association with Hinn, any more than I would think less of D James Kennedy because of his association with David Barton.

I don't expect every preacher to be a cure-all or infallible, nor do I ever think that one should never disagree with a preacher/pastor.

5. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

I have read most of Watchman Nee's books. He has great spiritual depth; too bad many on this board have not reached his depth. He is definitely a saved man. My best friend in Bible College was Moses Yang. Look him up on the internet. He knew Nee personally. Rev. Yang has ministries around the world for the Chinese people and all who understand Cantonese.

6. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Johnv,

I think you have a moderating view which is very good. No one is going to agree with another person's theological totally.

7. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Even with your 11 fruit system pastors all have flaws in their theology. Which shall we believe: Calvinism, Arminianism, Copeland, Hinn, you or me. No one gets everything right, but my theology is as close to excellence as one can get.

I wanted to drop in a 'smiley face' but none are available in this venue.

Dr. Berrian

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Thanks, Ray, I appreaciate it [​IMG]

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is not what Christ was referring to. Read the context. He said beware of wolves in sheep's clothing. He was speaking of false teachers and their doctrine. This is the ocntext of the entire passage. The fruit being spoken of is the doctrine. Beware of the false doctrine of the the false teachers. By their fruit (doctrine) you shall know them. We know that Hinn is a false teacher by his doctrine.
    Read the above posts by others. It is not over-kill. It is the truth.

This thread is not about Calvinism. It is about Benny Hinn, and perhaps others like him. It has nothing to do with Calvinists which you seem to have a deep-seated hatred for, and you bring into these discussions whenever possible. I am not a Calvinist and I have told you that before. I detest the inference that I am. Consequently from this time forth, I am going to delete every reference of yours to Calvinism, because they have nothing to do with the subject and are simply red herrings.
    Search it out. Copeland, a WOF false teacher, holds to much of the same heretical teaching that Benny Hinn does.
    DHK

10. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

DHK,

I believe the defining line for God is does this person believe that Jesus is Divine. [I John 4:2]. If a person does not believe that Jesus is Divine they are unsaved. Until they believe He is Divine they will remain in a lost condition of soul.

I know you do not believe in Calvinism as you told me before and I was not hinting that you believed it. Thank the Lord he saved you from a lot of quasi-spiritual error. Praise God!

Groups like JW's, Latter Day Saints/Mormonism and Christian Science, and other modern religions are those people who are 'wolves in sheep's clothing.'
    If a person tells people to accept Christ as Savior and Lord they are not 'wolves' but rather 'sheep/shepherds' though they may be flawed theologically speaking.

My main point was and remains that there are a lot of pastors who preach who are teaching error to their flock.

I do not have a deep-seated hatred for any person on this planet, but I do hate the the ideas they preach and attribute to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This was my point.

If you really listen you will get a lot of good out of Rev. Copeland and pastor Hinn, though I do not believe in 'seed faith giving' so a pastor can buy and two million dollar house on the ocean with four different colored Jaguar cars in his four garages with an in ground pool behind the home.

We are to save the spiritually lost in new world countries and feed the starving children from hunger and death. A minister or lay person cannot live in luxury and watch his brethren in foreign lands suffer. [I John 3:17].

Regards,
    Ray

11. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that Watchman Nee is a great believer. Actually he was saved after hearing from Plymouth Brethren. He departed from PB because he disagreed on Revalation part or some split in UK regarding Newton.
    We have to distinguish between Watchman Nee and Witness Lee. The latter may be controversial.

As for the Eschatomology, most people make mistakes and therefore it is not surprising that John Hagee stands on the wrong side sometimes. But in case of discerning the true believers, such person like Hagee should have done much better.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then please listen when others tell you the truth. There is documented evidence, and it has been documented for you. Benny Hinn does NOT believe that Jesus Christ is divine. He believes that Christ shed his divinity and bestowed it upon man. Thus he came up with his "little god theology" where he said: "We are all little gods running around on this earth." We are gods, Benny said, because Christ is not. He shed his divinity and gave it to us. That is heresy. It is blasphemy. It puts him (according to your own words) in the realm of the unsaved.
    DHK

13. eloidalmanutha

eloidalmanutha New Member

Then please listen when others tell you the truth. There is documented evidence, and it has been documented for you. Benny Hinn does NOT believe that Jesus Christ is divine. He believes that Christ shed his divinity and bestowed it upon man. Thus he came up with his "little god theology" where he said: "We are all little gods running around on this earth." We are gods, Benny said, because Christ is not. He shed his divinity and gave it to us. That is heresy. It is blasphemy. It puts him (according to your own words) in the realm of the unsaved.
    DHK
    </font>[/QUOTE]From what I have read, Hinn and crowd [Copeland, Hagin, Meyers, Dollar, etc] believe that Jesus was not born God, but received special powers via the Holy Spirit at His baptism ["The Anointing"]. He also remained sinless because of this anointing. He "died spiritually" on the cross and did not satisfy the requirements as the sin sacrifice until He descended into hell, was tormented by demons, took on the nature of satan [became his brother], wrestled satan for the keys of life and death, was raised or reborn [also called twice born] as "a" god. Therefore, all believers who have been reborn are His exact replica, are little gods or little messiahs who can do everything Jesus did: heal, cast out demons, raise the dead, and do miracles.

Perhaps this is why Hinn always makes his appearance on stage to the hymn "How Great Thou Art" with his hands raised as people cheer and clap his arrival. I believe this is Copeland's "theme song" as well.

14. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Television is the way to reach millions of people. The men and women like Joyce Meyers are getting the job done, as well as Baptist preachers. Thank the Lord for all those people.

15. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

But if they aren't teaching truth . . .

16. standingfirminChrist

Exactly, mcdirector.

And if they aren't preaching truth, are they truly reaching millions of people?

Too many of these televangelists are putting on shows, fake healing services, tongue wagging exhibitions and feel good about self services and leaving God out of the picture altogether.

Oh, they do use His Word, I grant them that. But as Jesus said, 'They worship me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.'

17. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

But if they aren't teaching truth . . . </font>[/QUOTE]http://www.rickross.com/groups/meyer.html

18. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

standingfirminChrist,

You said, 'But as Jesus said, 'They worship me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.'

19. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Boanerges,

You said, 'But if they aren't teaching truth . . .'

Some of the alleged truth preached and taught today comes from Arminianism, Calvinism or Pentecostalism.
    You have to decide which is the truth!

Admittedly, each group have facets of truth but not all the truth that the Lord has for us.

So, why condemn other brethren rather we should be elevating Christ who they preach about as dying for people's sins.

Many Christians have a proclivity toward being negative people and saying negative things about the church. This, often, are the kind of people pastors have in their churches. Sour pusses!

20. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Actually, Ray Berrian, I'm the one that said that. And I stand by it.

Personally, I think a great deal of harm has been done by the psuedo preachers proclaiming the name of Christ. JW and Mormons also use Jesus' name freely because it is a hook. But a hook is all it is. I feel this is the case with most, if not all, of the "preachers" who have been named in this thread.

If having and utilizing the discernment that God has given me makes me a sour puss in your eyes, then so be it.