1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn / false preachers

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Apr 24, 2006.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Mike, I feel the same way something don't seem quite right and I believe in the Spiritual gifts (1Cor.12) too. Theres a guy in Waco who hosted one of Benny's crusades at the Heart of Texas Coloseum. I noticed he began to mirror Benny. When someone was slain in the Spirit he would say pick them up...bam back down they'ed go again...pick 'em up again...bam back down. I didn't quite understand the theology in that. Hummmmm? :eek:

2. SpyHunter

SpyHunter New Member

Me neither. The Holy Spirit's forte' is crucifixion of the flesh nature, not whack-a-mole.

SpyHunter

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

[​IMG]

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Hi!
    This sounds really freaky what you describe, spyhunter. Did you know what happened to this man?

So you think Hinn can control people like a hypnotist without having talked to them and instilled certain triggers which a hypnotists usually needs in them? Because a hypnotist first of all has to hypnotize his victim and instill a trigger and then later on he can use this trigger to control the person.

And what I also don't understand is this.
    If a christian goes to Benny Hinn why is he not protected from this? I have heard similar stuff about Kathryn Kuhlman. One christian said she wanted to pray for him and he felt very eerie and he asked God that if this isn't from him he shall protect him and he didn't fall down like the others when she prayed for him. Why doesn't every christian have a protection? I mean as christians we cannot know every preacher and wether he's good or not. Let's say I go to a church and the preacher seems okay to me and he wants to pray for me then do I not have a protecting if this preacher should be a false preacher? Why should God allow me to get hurt?

5. SpyHunter

SpyHunter New Member

disciple, a Hinn Crusade lasts for a good 45 minutes before he assumes the stage. The entire prelude is setting the crowd up for the show. Then he spends 15 or 20 minutes talking, directly planting those triggers. "The fire...will...fall."
    I personally heard him say that the Lord Jesus Christ was going to walk through the coliseum. I never saw Him, and I had a good vantage point. ;)
    You ask why a Christian is not protected from it; I was very much protected from it. Those who not only give in to it, but throw themselves at his feet, are literally asking for trouble.
    To answer your other question about prayer, the Bible says not to be hasty in the laying on of hands. It doesn't mean "don't pray for another," but it basically means not to whimsically invoke the supernatural, or to pray for such a thing lightly. Now, I have been prayed for by preachers and they tried to make me go down, but their hypnotic triggers did not work on me because I was focused ON GOD, not on them. If you focus on their voice and the commands from it, then you will fall more often than not. If you focus on God, then you are connected to Him and the words of the man/woman are secondary to whatever He wants to do.
    Just be still and know He is God. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    SpyHunter