1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn versus Kenneth Copeland

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ben W, May 5, 2006.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Doggone it...I thought this was a wrestling match.

Hinn spouts most of his drivel about healing. Copeland is more insidious, because he talks as much about wealth as he does health.

At least Hinn the huckster is appealing to a more honorable goal--everyone wants to be well. Copeland feeds greed.

They're both sorry and unbiblical with regard to "name it & claim it."

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Why do christians follow people like this? Is it ignorance of scripture or what?

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Donna...think about it...

If you're incredibly immature in your faith, and a smooth talking fella says "You can have it all...Jesus, wads of money, and unending perfect health!"

[sarcasm]What's not to love about that? [/sarcasm]

"Is it ignorance of scripture or what?"

Yes, it is.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

thank you, i think your right
    can we assume this of the followers their then or what?

6. Pete

Pete New Member

As I mentioned in the other thread Ben ol' Bro-Ken's effort with 1 Corinthians 11:23-24 that morning really put him over the rest for me. Then there are all the tapes and books he tries to flog on the subject.

For me the saddest thing isn't that Copeland, Hinn and the rest are doing what they are doing, but that they've conned so many people into supporting them :(

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Hinn, at the very least, if you didn't know the Gospel, might seem to make some sense.

When I was a new Christian and caught up in the WoF movement, even my unsaved friends knew what an idiot he is.

Hinn, at least, mixes a little truth in with his blasphemy. Copeland is so out of control that at least you can see him coming from a distance.

It flat out amazes me that anybody would fall for either of these nitwits.

8. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I vote for Copeland. He teaches and preaches his heresy a lot more than Hinn, while Hinn is out there blowing down entire sections of the audience. Don't see Copeland actually practicing the stuff as much as Hinn.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think what happened is that Bennie Hinn hit Copeland in the head and knocked a screw loose.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Hope I am not getting him mixed up with Benny Hill.

11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Hinn & Copeland? That would be a good one for Celebrity Death Match! [​IMG]

12. Soulman

Soulman New Member

The funny thing is, when Jesus heals He doesn't do it in front of a crowd. If Hinn,Copeland Oral Roberts etc. are such great faith healers, why don't they spend time in the terminal wards at hospitals?

There phonies. God has a special place set aside for those profiteering off the gospel.

13. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I wonder what these "faith healers" say when someone asks them the hospital question, of why they don't go there.

The people I know that like these nutjobs, are ignorant of the Bible. They don't read their bibles and when they go to church it's the name it claim it garbage. They are also fed that trash from tv. It's easy to be deceived if you don't study.

14. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Hinn vs. Copeland?

Hinn takes Copeland down 43 seconds into the 4th round with a super mega hyper judo chop when Copeland gets a fit of "holy laughter". But Paul Crouch enters the ring and knocks Benny silly with a brick he's hidden in Jan's big ol' pink wig. Guest referee Stevie Wonder is none the wiser, and Copeland is declared the winner.

15. Soulman

Soulman New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Quote: The people I know that like these nutjobs, are ignorant of the Bible. They don't read their bibles and when they go to church it's the name it claim it garbage. They are also fed that trash from tv. It's easy to be deceived if you don't study.
    --------------------------------------------------

That is the danger of the Charasmatic, pentacostal movement. They are so busy with extra revelation, visions, tongues etc that they feel a 1 on 1 relationship with God. They don't feel they need to spend as much time verifying everything through scripture because they think they have a wonderful relationship with the Lord.

Thus they are deceived and beleive the lies of the one world emerging delusion.

16. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Post deleted: Non-Baptist posting in a Baptist Only Section of the BB.

[ May 07, 2006, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

17. 2Timothy4:1-5

2Timothy4:1-5 New Member

I've been asking that question for years. Haven't got an answer yet. Probably never will either.

When I first was saved, I was given a 12 tapes series on prayer by Ken Copeland. At that time I thought is was some very good teaching. About five or six years later I came across that series again in an old shoebox in my basement. Listened to about 10 minutes of the first tape and couldn't take any more of it. I realized then that Copeland was way off his gourd. It's amazing what a few years under some good biblical teaching will do your your spiritual maturity.

18. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Amen! People can't expect the blessings of God if they are not willing to seek the truth. It is simply not enough to be religious. Satan is religious and impersonates the house of God.

19. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Something in me always wanted to tell them to send me money so they could get rich.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]