1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Ben W, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

All of the above and he is still doing it everyday on TBN.

2. manchester

manchester New Member

I like Benny Hinn. My favorite part is where he slaps the old bald guy on the head.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

So why doesn't he grow some hair on that bald head or even 'heal' his own eyes? [​IMG]

4. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Or heal his own hair? :D

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thank you Elnora.
    I was nearly in tears!
    Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
    In His service;
    Jim

6. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Hey bro!

Glad I could brighten your day. I was the first thing that came to mind. If you want some really good laughs go look up Gina's posts. She's a crack-up.

:D

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

CBC television presented a documentary on Benny Hinn last night on their program, "Fifth Estate." The documentary itself was called: "Do You Believe In Miracles," an investigation into Benny Hinn's 'miracle crusades.' The team took hidden cameras into the crusades held in Calgary, Toronto, and some other places, and observed the lines outside waiting to get in before the meeting started. Then they observed what happened inside. All of those that were obviously sick, disabled, in wheel chairs, etc. were kept to the back in a special section, and not permitted near the stage. Each one coming in was checked as to their mobility--whether they could raise their hands, etc. Only those who had sicknesses like cancer, HIV, unverifiable diesases came on stage. Never would you ever see a miracle like an arm or leg grow back.
    There was no evidence whatsoever that Benny Hinn ever performed a single solitary miracle. People thought they were healed. But after the euphoria of the environment wore off they went back to their old condition and were often worse off then they were before.

Benny Hinn makes the claim that every cent that he gets goes to the ministry of spreading the gospel. And yet he owns a ten million dollar mansion on some of the most expensive real estate in California that over looks the Pacific Ocean. He owns two Mercedes Benz each valued at $80,000.00. His trips abroad are lavishly spent, spending layovers is some of the most expensive hotels in Europe, most often occupying the presedential suites, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in hotel services, gratuities, and other expenses, before he even arrives home. All of his income, including his seven digit salary, his house and cars are all tax-free, covered by the Benny Hinn Ministries, a tax free religious organization. Remember every cent goes to the spreading of the gospel.

The commentator made the remark that 150 years ago the man would have been called a slick snake-oil salesman. He is a charlatan and a fraud, duping innocent people out of their money and squashing their faith in God. Those that believe in healing never get healed. He is a master of manipulation, especially when it comes to large crowds. If you notice in his services, there is a reason why they always sing (just before he makes his appearance) "How Great Thou Art."
    DHK

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks for the report on this, DHK.

This is truly sad. One has to only read the denunciation in 2 Peter 2 to see how God feels about false teachers.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I agree Marcia,
    The documentary only went into the fraudulent methods that he deceives his followers, the trail of many broken hearts, shattered faiths, deliberate lies (even in his own books--verified by going to the very sources that he quotes from), and of course all of the monetary inconsistencies, and the lavish life-style.

It doesn't even begin to touch the false doctrine which such a program would have no idea of.
    A "nine-person" trinity.
    The godhood of man.
    The power to resurrect the dead (which never came to pass.)
    The (false) prosperity gospel
    The faith in faith gospel

I wonder how his prosperity gospel might work in Afghanistan, Iraq, India, Pakistan, Sudan, Nigeria, Ethiopia, and some of these other such countries??
    DHK

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Unfortunately, it is in many 3rd world countries that the prosperity gospel is appealing to people. It plays on their poverty and hope to have more. Many of the health and wealth heretics go to Africa and preach to thousands of people there (like Kenya). There's one guy, who is often on TBN, who goes to Africa on a regular basis. :eek:

I've forgotten his name but I think it starts with a "R" and sounds German.

11. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

If Benny Hinn is the bad-boy; Robert Tilton is His side-kick. I will never forget sitting in an empty part of the terminal in the Tulsa International Airport and Tilton had a lawyer (twice as tall as he was) backed into the corner and was chewing him out one side and down the other. It was NOT a nice conversation. He thought he was alone and didn't see me sitting right behind him. It was quite an eye-opener. Big money-big business, BIG attorneys......

This was shortly after channel 6 in Tulsa disclosed the company that took his prayer envelopes and they opened them, took out the checks and dumped all the prayers in the dumpsters out back. The company was called "Media Mailers" or something like that. All they did was take his checks out and send them to the bank. Tilton claimed that he prayed and read every single letter.

Now he's at it again on the black Christian channel. He's doing it out of Florida and now its my understanding that they are to remove the checks, keep the envelopes and put them into a locked room. The next morning the prayer requests are gone. He claims he still reads each one---who wants to guess what really happens to all of that mail? [​IMG]

12. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Marcia,

I think his name is Reinhard Bonnke. His theology is horrendous and you are right the poor in the 3rd world nations are eating it up.

Bro Tony

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks, Bro Tony! Yes, that's the name. I was thinking of his first name when I was trying to remember it. It's all so sad. Those people are being taken advantage of in the most horrible way.