1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by west, Mar 7, 2005.

1. west

west New Member

Anyone see the story they did on him on Nightline last night . Amazing !You would have to see it to believe it .He spends money on himself like a crazy Rock Star ! Sad but true .

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

What amazes me more than that is-----the "Doped" people who keep giving to him! I imagine on his way to the bank he's thinkin' about those givers---"There's a sucker born every minute!!!"

3. Jules

Jules New Member

West, I didn't see it please tell us more about what they showed.

4. time like this

time like this New Member

I don't watch hinn nor did i know he was on nightline. what is he spending money on?

5. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

What I saw was on PrimeTime I believe. It was sickening. An "insider" who believes that Hinnshould be exposed turned over copies of receipts for numerous frivolous things. Such as: fancy hotel suites costing 2 and 3 THOUSAND $s a night, and one for even $10 thousand a night. Included an olympic size pool in the 5000+ sqare foot suite. And he wasnt just getting one suite - his whole entourage goes too, mostly family. Over $1000 for a meal on many occasions, and receipts for petty cash that you wouldnt believe. Shopping accounts (paid for by ministry funds) at big name stores and more stuff that i cant remember was documented, too. A little boy that was "healed" explained that God just must be taking a break, b/c his blindness really wasnt getting any better - was supposed to receive expenses paid for something (cant remember - maybe schooling, braille?) was never given the money. This is years later, and the Hinn folks claim there is a fund in the boy's name for $10,000. Hinn wouldnt give an interview, b/c God told him not to , and he obeys.

Maybe someone else can fill in my holes.
    At least there wasnt any womanizing exposed.

6. P_Barnes

P_Barnes New Member

There were a couple of people who died after being "healed" by Hinn. One lady just two weeks later from the lung cancer that she went to see Hinn for.

He's just a con man.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I always believed THAT Hinn laid some eggs...and they weren't GOLD.

8. csmith

csmith New Member

It just goes to show you that many people don't care to have what God truly offers, but instead, they want a quick fix to carnel issues in life. Hinn is making a whole storehouse of money on people who aren't content with where God has put them. Sad.

9. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I wish I could have seen it. I just got done typesetting Greg Locke's new book which exposes Hinn. It is a new Sword of the Lord book called Blinded by Benny. I highly recommend this book if you are interested in finding out more about the lies Benny Hinn tells.

10. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

I saw something on him not too long ago--maybe last summer. I was pretty disgusted too.

Oooooh, Greg Locke. [​IMG] My sister's all about him. I've not heard him preach, but I've heard good things about him.

11. 5xBlessed

5xBlessed New Member

I saw this on Dateline last night but only caught the last 10 to 15 minutes because my husband forgot to set the record button. They also mentioned Hinn handing over wads of cash to his children.

FBCPastorsWife, when is that book coming out? Thanks!

Lucy

12. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Unfortunately, I missed the program, too. I got in on the end of it when the interviewer was pressing Hinn regarding the secrecy of his finances. I checked out the dateline.msnbc.com site, hoping to find a transcript of the interview, but couldn't locate one.

13. FBCPastorsWife

5xBlessed...The book on Benny Hinn came out last week and sells for $6.95 thru the Sword of the Lord. However, I do secretarial work for Greg and if you are interested in the book I will see if I can get you a copy directly from him (possibly cheaper and the money will go to Greg-which is really needed right now with Melissa expecting their natural first child and they adopted a baby last year [​IMG] ).

14. 5xBlessed

5xBlessed New Member

Okay, that sounds great. Let me know! I can pay by Paypal or check. Thanks!

Lucy

15. FBCPastorsWife

Greg is out of town right now, but I will call him and see if I can get some books from downstairs and see how much he is selling them for.

16. west

west New Member

I was also surprised to see Mike Horton of the Whitehorse Inn on Nightline .He was telling like it is .If I was Hinn . I would be scared to death, of death !

17. Jules

Jules New Member

I understand that the movie Leap of Faith with Steve Martin was initially based on Benny Hinn. He said that he could feel a healing coming on but it was all contrived!

18. P_Barnes

P_Barnes New Member

I'm interested in this book myself. Can you take PayPal?
    I once read another book that was about one family's dealings with Hinn. The family was pretty, er, stupid about their choices and finances, but Hinn basically defrauded them.

I think the book "Elmer Gantry" might also give anyone some insight to Hinn. [​IMG]

19. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Relating to the givers, many are taught that God wants all to be rich so it doesn't surprise them that the preachers are living high. They give so that they can get - or so goes the theory of the preachers :-(

Hinn has been pointed out for doctrinal problems for several years, he kind of makes up things as he goes.

Don't know too many of the high profile people that don't do pretty well financially.

20. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I think that one guy summed it up very well. It is like professional wrestling. Mass mental suggestion. I really dont know if Hinn is knowingly pulling the wool over everyones eyes or if he really believes that what he is doing is genuine. Probably the former.