1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BERGDAHL: Deserter or Hero???

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jun 2, 2014.

?
  1. He is, without a deserter and a disgrace to the brave men and women in the military

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. He was confused, scared, and should not be judged

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not a hero, but, leave him alone, he had his reasons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. He should be courtmartialed and face what ever sentence is handed down

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  5. He should be welcomed home and allowed to leave military

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. He should face the death penalty per (c) UCMJ

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. No death sentence, but most severe punishment possible

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  8. US should not have negotiated with terrorists

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  9. The price paid was TOO high, for a DESERTER

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  10. Obama admin is out-of-control - IMPEACH HIM!

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The web and television is alive with debates over the prisoner trade, and while some are arguing over the cost [five terrorists for one GI], the real convewrsation is changing.

Was he a deserter - OR - hero! What say you?

CNN says: http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergdahl-deserter-or-hero/

CBS says: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bowe-bergdahl-hero-or-deserter/

IMHO - I remember my day as a raw recruit at Fort Ord, CA and my training to go and replace "cannon fooder/boobie trap fodder" somewhere, anywhere in South Viet Nam. It's almost as if it was yesterday, as the stentch of moth balls on my new clothing stills fills my memories, along with the smell of gun powder and fresh sea air coming off the Pacific Ocean, which was a few hundred yards from the Ft. Ord Rifle ranges!

The one thing that our DI's drilled into our brainwashed minds had to do with what would happen to deserters in war ... ARTICLE 85, subsction (c) UCMJ for desertion, says the following .... "Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.”

SEE: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/punitivearticles/a/mcm85.htm

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The soldiers in Bergdahl's squad say he is a deserter. Why would they lie?

It is hard to sort all the misinformation. CNN says he was a PFC when he disappeared. Now he is a Sgt. One report said he is being considered for SSgt.

We got troubles--right here in River City.

The enemy is in the camp.

Time to dust off the articles of impeachment.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He studied and learned the language and customs of the enemy, he sent his gear back to his parents expenses c/o Uncle Sam, he studied the terrain and got intelligence from the ANF about the whereabouts of the enemy, he put in writing to his parents his disgust about being an American, and a soldier, and his opinions about the country he is supposed to be serving, then one day could not be accounted for by his unit among whom were fellow soldiers who had an inkling on what he was up to but did not snitch on him.
    He is a DESERTER, and a traitor.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he, and his hosts, had a pre-agreed upon location to meet.
    He wasn't a prisoner of war, he was a guest of the Taliban.
    His father is apparently Muslim, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is, too, and maybe his mom, too.
    Oh, by the way, General West pointed out in one of his newsletters that a source he had told him that the father, actually claimed the White House for Islam when he made that opening invocation at the Rose garden.

The undercooked Ambassador Rice declared that this deserter served the country with distinction.
    Unless this was all an ongoing covert op that the public does not yet know about (which I highly doubt) then the Ambassador is a clear representative of what this president and his administration is all about, which is, to undermine American values and definitions of distinctive service.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

He's very likely a Taliban collaborator. He's very likely guilty of treason.

5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would this be akin to the treason inside the beltway? Looks like we may have let the bad guys take over. Now what.

We are not humble enough; we are not praying enough, we are not turning from wickedness enough. Time to repent, our redemption draws near.

Whatever is sown is reaped many times over.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I just heard Hillary Clinton justify all this by saying that she ascribes to the ideal that we don't leave our soldiers behind. Great!! But, I wonder what her answer is to the veterans and the way they are treated by our government that will trade five top level terrorists for a deserter and yet allow men and women who served with honor to die in a waiting room at a VA hospital. This administration is shameful and shows an obvious contempt for real men and women who have served with honor and will serve with honor.

Also, I do not understand why this deserter was promoted to Sargent during his captivity. Deserters do not get promotions. When I was in the Army to get promoted one had to prove one's self worthy in addition to simply having time in grade.

7. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hopefully this will be the one that causes Obama to be impeached. I'm TIRED of this guy. I'm tired of the liberal media covering for him! I wonder what else it's gonna take to get even MSNBC against him? I mean, this one might be the idiotic move that will be his undoing.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

#8 righteousdude2, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014