1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Best baby gifts?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What are the best presents you ever received for your baby, whether it was at a baby shower or just a gift for a baby under one year of age?

I think my favorite was a baby carrier, the type you wear and put the baby in. It was especially nice since I was pregnant three times in a row, so the youngest baby always got to stay snuggled up to me without much effort, as the snuggly held her up against me instead of me using my arms, and the baby belly got used as a chair!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Clothes & Blanket....always outgrowing that stuff.

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I got a lot of really practical things for my kids--like baby clothes, toys, and all the junk you need with babies--but one thing was really special to me, and I still have it after all these years (my boys are 26 and 23). A very dear friend gave me a book on the names of God. She told me that when she had her kids, she was not able to attend church for a while and reading a good devotional book was very helpful as a new mom. And she was right! I really enjoyed being able to read a new book, because even when I went to church, most of the time for the first month or so, I was stuck in the nursery anyway. It's not really a "baby gift" gift, but I sure appreciated it!