1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

best books on Bible translation issue

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Logos1560, Jun 18, 2006.

?
  1. Defending the King James Bible by D. A. Waite

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Faith vs Modern Bible Versions by David Cloud

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Touch not the Unclean Thing by David Sorenson

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. The King James Version Defended by Edward Hills

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. a different book by a KJV-only author

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. God's Word Preserved by Michael Sproul

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. One Bible Only? Roy Beacham & Kevin Bauder

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. From the Mind of God to the Mind of Man Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Unbound Scriptures by Rick Norris

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  10. a different book by a non-KJV-only author

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In your opinion, which is the best or which are the best books on the Bible translation issue?

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really like "God's Words In Our Hands : The Bible Preserved For Us " , even more than its predecessor . However , hands down , it would have to be " The ChallengeOf Bible Translation : Communicating God's Word to The World " . Just some of the contributers are : Mark Strauss ( my favorite ) ; Moises Silva ; Kenneth Barker ; D.A. Carson ( he's written a FEW books ); Dick France ; John Stek ; Bruce K. Waltke ; Steven M. Voth ; Andreas J. Kostenberger ; Douglas J. Moo ( another favorite ) ; and James D. Smith 111 . We are talking about heavyweights here . If this book is ignored regarding the issue you are missing out .

3. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read both, but I thought that the first book FROM THE MIND OF GOD TO THE MIND OF MAN may be the better known of the two. Thus, that is why I listed it.

4. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

One Bible Only? Roy Beacham & Kevin Bauder

The best book on the Bible translation issue (i.e., KJV-onlyism) was edited by Roy Beacham and Kevin Bauder, "One Bible Only?". It is the most up-to-date critique of KJV-onlyism, and various authors contributed articles which complete the book. I've recently re-read the book, and it compliments the books written by James White and D.A. Carson. The more recent desperate measures and arguments that KJV-onlyists have propagated (now that their old tricks have been discredited) are addressed in "One Bible Only?".

5. USMC71

USMC71 New Member

Mine is "The Revision Revised" by Dean Burgeon. It is a long a tedious read, but well worth it. I thin it is a must for all who are interested in this area.