1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Best in the NFC and AFC !

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by A&I, Dec 26, 2006.

1. A&I

A&I New Member

I am not a big fan of any of theses Teams but I am surprised in how well the Eagle's are playing , especially Garcia !I still pick the Bears to go to the Super Bowl mostly because of them getting home field throughout the playoffs .Although this crazy NFL season things seem to change week to week .

In the AFC I go with the Chargers to go .But the Ravens look very good also !

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

It seems like every time McNabb gets hurt the Eagles improve. I think they should get rid of McNabb and go with Garcia next year. Rush was absolutely right about him. Highly overrated.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Please explain this theory in the light of what happened last year. McNabb got hurt last year and the Iggles didn't get better. Rush Limbaugh knows more about politics than he does football.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I don't see the Chargers making it to the Superbowl. Martyball has always found a way to stall in the playoffs. I think the Ravens might be the team.

Who knows about the NFC. I think the Bears can make it, but their play recently has concerned me.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I think the Bears are pulling out just enough to win. And, I think even Schottenheimer can't mess his team's playoff run up. After week 16, I'm going with Chicago over San Diego in the Super Bowl. This pick is subject to change depending on the results of week 17.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the Super Bowl will see Dallas defeating Indianapolis.

8. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree....and I am a Broncos fanatic.

9. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a lifelong Bears fan, I'm not sure they would beat the Eagles right now. This season is eerily similar to last year's in which the defense was awesome until the last month of the season. They played horribly in December, which no one seemed to notice, then didn't even show up for the HOME playoff game with Carolina.
    Right now, the defense has been horrible for the last 4 games, and I'm not sure home field will mean anything. Again.
    I fully expect Brett Favre to pick them apart on Sunday.

10. A&I

A&I New Member

Afc

Maybe it will be Marty's turn after many years like it was Cowhers last year after it took him 14 years .Better late then never !

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Actually, it's the last 3 games against the Rams, Bucs and Lions, but who's counting? :wavey: :smilewinkgrin:

You're right, though. All week before the Carolina game I heard the sentiment expressed, "If the offense just gets us 21 points, we'll win." Well, they did, but we didn't. :BangHead:

:laugh:

Favre will throw the ball to the Bears at least twice.

12. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Thanks for the great laught Ken :tongue3: :applause: I needed it. It's been a long day.

thjplgvp

13. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

You know I can't let that statement stand.:laugh:
    Marty did not have L.T. and the Chargers have been able to wear teams out in the fourth quarter.

thjplgvp

14. PastorSBC1303

True. He did not have a RB the quality of L.T.

However, his game plan has been the same everywhere he has traveled from Cleveland to KC and now to San Diego. He had some really good teams in KC during his years that played really good D and ran the ball extremely well, yet they fizzled in the playoffs.

Actually if the Bears don't win the Superbowl I wouldn't mind seeing the Chargers win it. I have always respected Marty and I think L.T. is quite the player and more important the person.

15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Somebody forgot to tell the Chicago Bears that there was a football game tonight.

16. PastorSBC1303

:BangHead: They sure did:BangHead:

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Well, my Donkeys are out of the running. I was hoping Cutler would get some post season time.

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

New Super Bowl prediction:

San Diego over Chicago