1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Best Seminary External program???

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by TomVols, Apr 27, 2001.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

In your opinion, what is the best external degree program you know of on the seminary level? Where is it available? Firsthand accounts are greatly welcomed.

2. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

IMHO, the best external degree program is through Liberty University. I earned 18 credits from them before entering Southeastern Seminary full-time. There classes are thorough and tough! Excellent program.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomVols:
    In your opinion, what is the best external degree program you know of on the seminary level? Where is it available? Firsthand accounts are greatly welcomed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some "seminaries" require a few papers and $$ and you "earn" a degree. That is a shame, but I guess it beats being given an honorary doctorate without doing anything worthy of honor!

In the late 70's Trinity Theological Seminary in Newburgh, IN, was a leader in comprehensive external ed programs. Each year they have toughened the requirements and enhanced the program. It would get a high rating from me.

But with the internet explosion I believe that there will be seminary level courses on line from small, unknown schools, that may fit the bill. Our own RMLI (Rocky Mountain Leadership Institute) offers just an Master of Arts in Biblical Studies and Master of Ministry but is expanding on the web to offer courses around the world.

We require two sessions of study here (one-week seminars) with the remainder in your present ministry. Of course you must have an undergraduate degree that prepares for seminary level courses.

Just some thoughts and blatant self-promotion of our school! :D

4. tlange

tlange New Member

I would have to say Baptist Bible College Canada and Theological Seminary based out of Bethel Baptist Church in Simcoe, Ontario.

I just started and had a chance to visit the church recently.

Good program.... I hopefully will have my Masters soon!