1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Beware of the Book!

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Diggin in da Word, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

BEWARE OF THIS BOOK!!!!!

If you have children or grand-children or you have neighbor children whose parents you know, please take note of the info below or pass it along to others. Schools are a distribution point to children for this book through the Scholastic Book Club. Beware of the book, Conversations with God . Dr. James Dobson talked about this book twice this week. It is devastating and parents and Christian schools need to be aware of this. Do pass it on to church/e-mail addressees, Parents, Grand parents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, friends.

Please pay special attention not only to what your kids watch on TV and in movie theaters and the music they listen to, but we must also be alert regarding the books they read. Two particular books, Conversations with God and Conversations with God for Teens, written by Neale D. Walsch , sound harmless enough by their titles alone. These books have been on the New York Times best sellers list for a number of weeks, and these publications make truth of the statement, "Don't judge a book by its cover/title."

The author purports to answer various questions from kids using the "voice of God". However, the "answers" that he gives are not Bible-based and go against the very infallible word of God. For instance (and I paraphrase), when a girl asks the question "Why am I a lesbian?" His answer is that she was born that way because of genetics (just as you were born right-handed, with blue eyes, etc.). Then he tells her to go out and "celebrate" her differences.

Another girls poses the question "I am living with my boyfriend. My parents say that I should marry him because I am living in sin. Should I marry him?"

His reply is, "Who are you sinning against? Not me, because you have done nothing wrong."

Another question asks about God's forgiveness of sin. His reply "I do not forgive anyone because there is nothing to forgive. There is no such thing as right or wrong and that is what I have been trying to tell everyone, do not judge people. People have chosen to judge one another and this is wrong, because the rule is "'judge not lest ye be judged.'"

And the list goes on. Not only are these books the false doctrine of devils, but in some instances even quote (in error) the Word of God. These books (and others like it) are being sold to school children (The Scholastic Book Club) , and we need to be aware of what is being fed to our children.

Our children are under attack. So I pray that you be sober and vigilant about teaching your children the Word of God, and guarding their exposure to worldly mediums, because our adversary, the Devil, roams about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). And how many of us know that lions usually hunt for the slowest, and weakest and YOUNGEST of its prey.

Pass this on to every Believer you know. God bless! And, if in doubt, look at the books yourself.

Gal 6:9 Let us not be weary in doing good, for we will reap in due season, if we don't give up.

#1 Diggin in da Word, Sep 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2006
  2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I've been warning Christians about Neale Donald Walsch for about 8 yrs, but it seems Christians still don't know who he is and how dangerous these books are. It's very frustrating to me because I know about the books, but it's hard letting people know what I know and it doesn't reach enough people.

Several years ago, I read and wrote articles on 3 of Walsch's books (including Conversations with God, book one). I have 2 articles on his Conversations with God for Teens (one for teens and one for adults) on my website.

http://cana.userworld.com/cana_bookreview_Walsch.html

http://cana.userworld.com/cana_friendship.html

Article below for teens:
    http://cana.userworld.com/cana_ConvWGodTeens.html

For adults, about Conv. with God for Teens:
    http://cana.userworld.com/cana_ConvWGodTeens_adults.html

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wasn't this turned into a movie...or will be a movie in the future?

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

One of Walsh's book has been is is being turned into a movie -- I think it's called "The God of Tomorrow," but I could be wrong. I was quoted in a CNN online story about this - the reporter apparently read one of my articles online about Walsch and used it in his story! I forgot how I found out about it -- I think someone emailed me.

5. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The other book to be leary of is The Book that The 700 Club and bookstores say is a Bible. I read at Online Baptist and another group that The Book is filled with lies.
    Faithgirl

6. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not believe everything you hear. The Book is simply the New Living Translation version of the Bible. An older edition of The Book is simply The Living Bible paraphrase. :sleep: