1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BF&M Hitting Roadblocks Abroad

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Rev. Joshua, Jun 24, 2002.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

BaptistB,

This statement shows that you aren't up on this. The backpeddling, sidestepping, and hemhawing was well documented.

[insults snipped]
    Resulting to such childish innuendo is not becoming a person of God. If you can't debate the merits, don't debate at all. You only bring your cause down and make yourself look foolish in the process. In fact, since you can't discuss this in a Christ-like fashion, let alone an adult fashion, you can have it. Claim yourself the winner if you like. I have better things to do than to stoop to your "na-na-na-na boo boo" level.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry, I overlooked your post...

1. A few points, thank you for seeming to agree that Sizemore was not accurately quoted.

2. As for the Bible being "just a book", I guess I'm not a moderate according to your definition. I'm certainly not a liberal... Does that make me a "conservative" who's just noticed the SBC takeover group has not been honest in their dealings?

Well you didn't bother refuting it... The main reason it is such an issue is that is was removed for some reason. While the statement did not appear until the 1963 confession, it was a profound statement that our denomination asserts that the Living Savior gives us guidance in interpretation through His recorded life and the continuing presence of the Holy Spirit. It also asserts that no human agent (such as a Pope) has the final say in interpretation. Our Great High Priest is alive!

The SBC people have been lied to for more than 25 years. Even so, it is the responsibility of each messenger at the conventions to vote their conscience. They have spoken and I have left. (My last convention was 1997.)

As I have said other places, I don't know if that is true or not. The only thing I do know about it is that no "conservative" I know ever complained to me about it when I was involved in the so-called "resurgence." The only point I have tried to make is that even if you or people you know have been wronged, you have no right to wrong others. I have seen firsthand the persecution of professors and other persons by the SBC leadership and trustees. Their lips claim to believe the Bible, their actions and their lies reveal that they don't obey the Bible very much when it comes to dealing with people they consider their enemies.

The slope is not very slippery unless you've built a rationalistic house-of-cards theology. :rolleyes:

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This statement shows that you aren't up on this. The backpeddling, sidestepping, and hemhawing was well documented. </font>[/QUOTE]Texas Baptists have embraced the statement and defended Sizemore. I guess you missed that.

No insults were intended.

Telling falsehoods is worse.

A good rule of thumb for all of us.

Maybe that's for the best. I was merely trying to show you what I believe your side has done and is doing.

Brother, there's going to be a lot of surprises when the Lord comes again. I hope we can sit down together and laugh about this then. I hope we won't have to wait until then.

4. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are a SB Missionary, then affirm the BF&M or go. Bottom Line. These SB & Non-Southern Baptists who cheer on Homosexuality and Women Pastors, get drunk while in Seminary or Pastoring a church, who cares what they say? Soooo many liberal spinoff baptists spend way too much time twisting the Word of God to be "Politically Correct" or "Keep up with the times", then whine and moan and blame the Fundamentalists for not siding with them in their false teachings. Missionaries want SBC $, then they better follow SBC rules. My missions $ go to SBC Missions, if the missionaries don't like my denominational BF&M then they don't like my $'s, then they need to find somewhere where twisting and false teaching better suits Satans needs.

James 4:8 "Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

[ June 27, 2002, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: OSAS ]

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the words of the famous theologian Roberto Duran "No mas!"

I love to debate, but after reading even MY OWN posts I feel we have moved away from the topic and are in what I call NAH-NAH mode. This isn't helping anyone! So I am done with this thread.

Besides has anyone read anything that has caused them to say "You know what..I'm changing my mind!"

Didn't think so, me neither.
    See on other threads.

6. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While theoretically this might pass, practically, it is untrue. When a church sends money to support missions, it is affirming whatever doctrinal stand that missions organization might take as well as the doctrinally weakest missionary that goes to the field. This is one of the best reasons not to be in a convention like the SBC. We are responsible to God for the finances we are blessed with. To blindly send money to someone who may hold false doctrinal beliefs is a failure in that responsibility.