1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bi-Voc Pastor's Strong Gender Convictions Lose Him Work

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jerome, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pursuing EEOC religious discrimination lawsuit against secular employer that demoted him:

Detroit Free Press

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

No one asked the guy to wear makeup on a daily basis. He was asked to have it applied during training in order to understand how it feels during application and wear. It's not an unreasonable request.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Disagree, Matt. If he's not going to wear it on a daily basis, and their reasoning is that he's supposed to know how it feels -- how's he supposed to remember how it feels six months from the time they had him do it? Not to mention, cosmetics are constantly changing; six months from the time he was in the training, he may not even be using the same cosmetics they wanted him to wear.

It served no purpose in furthering his training.

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

We can agree to disagree on that point then.

However, I believe that if he was not willing to meet the jobs demands, then he should find another place of employment. Just like I don't expect a business to meet the demands of any customer (read the homosexual wedding cases), I also don't expect business to have to cater to the demands of its employees.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was about 8 years old I put a metal butter knife in an electrical outlet. Likewise, I think that if I put on false eyelashes, lipstick, and blush I would probably remember how it felt for the rest of my life.