1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible book order sorting possible?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Joseph M. Smith, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

I have created a database of all my sermons, over the years, and the fields include not only the titles and the date preached, but also the principal Scripture references. It's done in Excel and so of course I can sort by title alphabetically and by date. Does anyone know of an add-on that might permit sorting the Scripture references in Bible book order? Of course I can sort alphabetically, but I would love to be able to do a Bible book order sort.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

In Excel, when you click sort, you can choose the "Order". Choose "Custom List". You'll have to create the custom list, but then you can sort by anything you want.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you talking about ordering them by how the books are ordered in the Bible? (i.e., Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, et al)

If so, Matt's answer is probably best. Will only take a few minutes to set up the custom list.

4. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wondered this same thing myself - thanks for the answer.

5. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Thanks. There are more mysteries in Excel than this world dreams of!

Back to database building ...