1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bible errors

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

evangelist6589, you have a very difficult time accepting any person who does not agree with you, lost or saved. If they don't agree with you and dance to your tune you off them, hex them, demean them, write them off and thump them in the head with the Bible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Internet Theologian

Who said I won't give it a chance? I've listened to Comfort on several occasions. It's the way YOU present him and his materials and the false conclusions and applications that are the problem, not him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Always remember that it is not our job to convince anyone of the biblical truths contained in the bible. That is the Spirit's job. It is our job to proclaim God's word to ppl. As we preach and/or witness, He quickens whosoever He wills.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Internet Theologian

FTR I am not trying to offend you evangelist6589, nor do I count you an enemy or anything like that sir, it's just that you need to hear what you're being told. You're off track, then you come here looking for applause and support, and when you get the opposite, deservedly, you go off. This is why I say you need to, frankly, grow up. Be like Nike and 'Just do it'.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looked around; do they have written transcripts anywhere? As I've mentioned at other times, I live in a rural area with only satellite internet. My data limits don't allow for videos.

I also read faster than I watch/listen; and a transcript would allow for easier review of the material.

Additionally, I'm half deaf. Most of the time, I have to closely watch a person's lips to match what they're saying, to ensure I actually heard what I thought I heard. There have been many times I've misunderstood a word, which changes an entire conversation. On a TV, I ensure closed captioning is on. Annoys my family, but it's better than blasting the volume which keeps everyone from being able to talk to each other.

For these reasons, it would be great if they have transcripts of their videos available for the hearing-impaired and/or disabled (which, by the way, is actually a recommendation/requirement of the W3C to comply with the IRS 501C3 requirements, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and other world-wide initiatives to ensure the internet is "friendly" to everyone).

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    James tells us that God gives grace to the humble (he tells also to draw near to God and he will draw near to us). James (Jm. 4:6) cites Proverbs 3:34 and tells us “Therefore it [Scripture] says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble”. Peter (1 Pt. 5:5) tells us that “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble”. Other passages of interest include Isa. 61:1, 66:2; Mat. 5:3. I believe the best illustration of God giving grace to the humble is in Jesus’ own explanation in the Sermon on the Mount.

Please correct me if I have misunderstood your comments, but it seems to me that you are saying you evangelize the lost via preaching the Ten Commandments if they are proud (if they resist what is being said) until such a time as they are humbled by being convicted under the Law; but if they are humble then you preach the gospel of Christ. If that is what you mean, then I think that you may need to revisit what you are providing as biblical support for that method as I think it may be out of context with the Bible. Resisting the proud and giving grace to the humble is not descriptive of what men do (or of what a preacher/evangelist does), but of the work of God.

If this helps, I understand how hard it must be to go on the streets and preach the gospel to men and women who have no ear for the things of the Spirit. You are being faithful to God’s call in your life, but you are running up against worldly people. You can’t reach people like that….only God can. You (we all) should greave over people like this but we can’t exchange the declaration of grace for a pronouncement of judgment over these people (1 Cor. 5:12). If you notice, Jesus never preached condemnation to the lost except that they claim to represent the people of God. I know it's hard at times, but I want to encourage you just to be faithful to God and let everything else fall where they may.

#26 JonC, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some people might think that if their ministry is ineffective, its God's fault, He did not open the hearts of those witnessed to. Paul tells us they will still get to heaven, as one escaping from a fire. OTOH, God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. :)

8. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then buy and read one of these books.

The way of the master
    Hells best kept secret

Since no one on this board will do this all comments against Biblical evangelism will be ignored by me.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not true. I personally work with a person on the streets who disagrees with WOTM. He does not say anything about me being the problem in interpretation of WOTM as you falsely claim he just does not agree with Comfort and says I sometimes act like him. I do not always follow WOTM as I do not follow a man but the Bible so my technique in evangelism is not always the same with people. Yes sometimes I do not use the 10 commandments.

I am also on a group that disagrees with my view of Hell. I do not dislike these brothers it's just on the doctrine of Hell we do not agree so I avoid controversy among them.

Hell may be metaphorical or literal. But I disagree their annihilationist view.

But your slander of me is not wanted.

#29 evangelist6589, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, but my Catholic Bible which calls itself the Challoner Rheims Edition says it just as I printed it word for word.

HankD

11. Internet Theologian

There are always exceptions to the rule, and in addition you weren't slandered.

That said show me in Scripture where yours and Comfort's methods are used on the non-religious lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am real busy these days. I suggest you purchase the book and he will do a far better job at explaining the method and also cite quotes from authors of the past putting to rest the false charge that this is Comforts method. I have labored to read the entire books of Hells best Kept Secret and Way of the Master. Until people around here can do the same I will not listen to one peep of criticism from them. It will go in one ear and out the other.

13. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah hah! You don't have a Douay-Rheims bible. You have a Challoner bible.

Richard Challoner published three editions, 1749, 1750, and 1752. The Catholic Church retained the title Douay–Rheims Bible, but the Challoner revision was a new version, which took as its base text the King James Bible.

So, it is not the KJV which uses a Rheims reading, it is the Challoner/Rheims version that uses a KJV reading. :)

14. Internet Theologian

I'll pass. I know enough Scripture to at least see that your methods and manners are amiss from Biblical protocol. And see, you admit to the criticism and whine about people not applauding you here because they disagree with you you write them off as I stated.

15. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I have read the entire "Greater Keys of Solomon" and "Lesser Keys of Solomon", and I'm betting you haven't. Should I not listen to you if you say witchcraft is wrong simply because you haven't read the same books I have?

Disclaimer: I do not follow witchcraft at all. But in my curiosity as a youth I investigated Wicca heavily; not to become one, but because I wanted to know what they actually believed.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, many here suffer from method book fatigue. On the whole, we've gone through such varied works as John R. Rice: The Golden Path to Successful Personal Soul Winning, Jack Hyles: Let's Go Soul Winning, and D. James Kennedy: Evangelism Explosion. Now, you expect us to get enthused about a new shiny?

• Like Like x 1
  17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your colors show true.

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I asked for were transcripts of the videos; which, since the videos are freely available, shouldn't the transcripts also be?

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John - I'm going to write something you're not going to like. You need to read it anyway.

Your attitude inhales. Worse than usual.

Give it some prayer and thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The makers of the KJV borrowed some renderings from the 1582 Rheims New Testament.

The later 1700's Challoner Rheims edition borrowed some from the KJV, making it read more like the KJV is some places.