1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible in a year

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by AndrewG, Jan 5, 2008.

1. AndrewG

AndrewG New Member

Anybody give me a link to a printable page/chart for reading the Bible in a year. I know you just read 3 or 4 a day but I need something I can stick in my Bible so I can keep up with it.

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another option is "Read The Bible Through In 90 Days". (Well, actually 88 days)

In the version published (don't have it in front of me right now, so can't give the actual title), it amounts to reading 12 pages/day for 88 days to complete.

I'm on day 70 something now, and have really gotten a lot of new insights & understanding, as well as questions about much that I've just blindly accepted in the past.

The Bible reads more like a story (laws & geneologies excepted) and is far easier, IMHO, to comprehend overall, as opposed to reading a few chapters from each testament as I used to do.

May not be a boat floater for all, but I've reall enjoyed ir so far!

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Link? Sounds interesting...

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. BruceB

BruceB New Member

8. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Why would you want to read the Bible in a year? Your time would be better spent taking part in the endless C vs A debates on this website! :tonofbricks:

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's why we need to read it in a year...to save time for those debates :laugh:

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last year we encouraged our men to read thru the entire Bible. None completed it, but all read more than they would have otherwise.

This year (2008) we are encouraging to "Spend more time and read less". We are focusing on 3 Psalms to be read every day for a week, meditating and focusing on them.

Already the feedback is so much greater than the 'race thru' mentality.

(BTW, each time thru the Bible for my personal reading has been in a different English translation. Finished the Dead Sea Scroll translation early in 07 and doing the ESV now)

11. MichelleinPA

MichelleinPA Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just read through the Bible in 5.5 months, finishing up on 12/31/07. I was very focused and I'm glad that I can now say I did it but I went much too fast to internalize the scriptures. Now for 2008 I'm taking an approach simular to what Dr. Bob is proposing, except I'm reading the same section for 30 days, not 7 days.

So right now I've read the book of 1 John (19) days in a row. This is also hard to do as I find myself glossing over sections and loosing my concentration. To help with this I have been switching between different translations but I'm beginning to think 30 days is too much. I'm going to try making notes in a notebook to see if this will help me stay focused.

Bob is correct, less is more however having a goal is good and if you have never read through the Bible go for it. I will read through again but not for a little while.