1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Modesty - Part 1

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Herb Evans, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

J Jump
    Actually, I said, if you read, that following your rules or a set of rules under your own power is legalistic. I understand what you are saying, and your message is distinct and apart from the thread Pharisees.

2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Hope that is not true of the church you attend. It certainly is not true of the church I pastor.

Bro Tony

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You got me there James. :tongue3:

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Brother that is true of the majority of churches across America. And the longer we go the more Laodicean the church is going to get and the more of the world the church is going to let in.

Well praise God. I would say you are the exception rather than the rule these days.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

for some reason...maybe it's the pants thing...this thread brings this to mind:

edit...oh, nevermind...

6. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Now James stay with me. My comment about the world was that when we makes illogical associations, cause and effect statements, that have no basis in fact, we look and are idiotic.

I care about my children tremendously, I care that they know the Truth from the Bible. I care that they have a living vital relationship with Jesus Christ. I care that they know how to walk in this fallen world as people who are empowered by the Holy Spirit and walk in the Lord. I care that they not get caught up in legalism that kills rather than walk in the Spirit of God as He imparts the Word of God into their lives. And your lack of understanding about what I said about the response of the world has caused you to make a slanderous statement about me and my children. Before you make any more statement about my relationship with my children, please take a reading comprehension course.

Bro Tony

#66 Bro Tony, Dec 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2006
  7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

8. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it just me or does this "modesty" issue and KJVO go hand in hand?

9. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

So what is the answer? I say let the Scripture speak for itself rather than religious people establishing their own standards that have no basis in the Scripture.

Bro Tony

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Exactly 100% correct, thank you. I stumble for words at times.

11. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

However you may feel about your children, if you have found a better way than what the bible teaches to raise them, is that really love? If the bible says women should dress like women and men should dress like men, shouldn't you teach that to your children? Churches have abandoned the old ways and have let the world dictate how our children should dress, what kind of music they should listen to, what they should behold with their eyes... is it any wonder that our children grow up to be just like the world? If the world is full of sodomites, so is the church. When you figure out why that is, let us know. Until then, I'm going to do my best to raise my family the way God would have me do so.

12. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Of course that is the answer, but there are far too many churches that turn a blind eye to Scripture or have re-written It so that they make It say what they want It to.

13. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Yes I do. Even in the cultures where men wore kilts the women wore long flowing dresses.

If you ever see a woman in the Bible told to gird up their loins like a man, I might become closer to your definition of sane.

Do you have a problem with men who wear men's dresses?

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I agree with most of what you say. There is a distinct difference between what you are saying and the group of Newman, Herb, and Rufus.

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

It's not just you and I've had a hard day on both accounts.

16. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Never thought about it, but do believe you are right. Maybe it is something in the air.

18. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

19. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

There is the rub isn't it. Some would say I am doing that because I do not see that the Scripture prohibits women from wearing slacks. While I believe they are doing that by adding their legalistic requirements to the Scripture in forbidding such.

Bro Tony

20. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Yup it sure seems to go hand in hand. When you decide to major on minors it impacts all of your thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.