Bible Prophecy: The Bible has no equals

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by kendemyer, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. kendemyer

    kendemyer
    Expand Collapse
    New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2003
    Messages:
    168
    Likes Received:
    0
    PROPHECY: THE BIBLE HAS NO EQUALS


    No book or person has ever remotely compared to the Bible in terms of foretelling the future in terms of specificity, numbers of prophecies, or accuracy of prophecy. We will take a look at non-Bible pyschics and mediums first and then show the amazing accuracy of Bible prophets (a true prophet is correct 100% of the time).


    BIBLE PROPHETS VERSUS NON-BIBLE MEDIUMS/PSYCHICS

    Brookside Church in Ohio states the following regarding the Bible's laws regarding prophets and the accuracy of modern day psychics as reported by a recent study:

    "A true prophet is correct 100% of the time. A test of a prophet was whether they prophesied an event that did not come to pass. Prophets whose predictions failed to come to pass were stoned. People would think twice before revealing any kind of prophecy. Yet the Bible contains more prophecy about Jesus than any other book on any other founder of ancient religion.

    Today there are people who claim to have psychic power. In 1975, The People's Almanac did a study of 25 of the best psychics. Out of 72 predictions, 66 (92%) were totally wrong. The remaining 8% could be explained away."

    Taken from the following website: http://www.brooksidechurch.com/etw/jc7.htm


    Norman Geisler on Nostradomus:

    http://www.johnankerberg.org/Articles/theo...ry/TD1001W4.htm


    An Article that discusses Jeanne Dixon and Nostradomus:

    http://www.inplainsite.org/html/nostradamu...ward__vanp.html


    GENERAL ARTICLE: PROPHECY AS A DEFENSE OF THE BIBLE

    http://www.equip.org/free/DA151.htm


    TYRE AND JERUSALEM IN PROPHECY

    http://custance.org/old/hidden/3ch3.html


    SOME PROPHECIES OF THE BIBLE

    http://www.100prophecies.org/default.htm]

    http://www.christadelphian.org.uk/booklets/bprop1.html]


    MESSIANIC PROPHECY FULFILLED IN JESUS

    http://www.messianic-prophecy.net/]http://www.messianic-prophecy.net/
     
  2. Dr. Bob

    Dr. Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2000
    Messages:
    29,402
    Likes Received:
    12
    Thanks for excellent links. We ARE in a battle for truth. [​IMG]
     
  3. kendemyer

    kendemyer
    Expand Collapse
    New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2003
    Messages:
    168
    Likes Received:
    0
  4. Johnv

    Johnv
    Expand Collapse
    New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2001
    Messages:
    21,321
    Likes Received:
    0
    Bible prophecy is not a verse that tells the future. Bible prophecy is a verse that tells us about God. It may or may not include topics that have yet to occur.

    Many think of Bible prophecy in the same manner that they do fortune telling. That's flat-out wrong.
     
  5. kendemyer

    kendemyer
    Expand Collapse
    New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2003
    Messages:
    168
    Likes Received:
    0
    Dear John:

    I agree. A prophet is a mouthpiece for God. I should have clarified that. A prophets pronouncements can deal with the past, present, or future. A prophet instructs and he also is a voice which can foretell the future since God does know the beginning from the end. I mainly write this piece as a Christian apologetic because the foretelling part indicates the Bible was God inspired but as I mentioned in my essay sometimes the false prophets guess right. The true prophets from God do not have to guess. In other words, nothing comes close to the Bible in terms of detailedness, accuracy, and number of prophecies.

    I will revise my essay in the other forum taking into account your input.

    Sincerely,

    Ken
     
  6. kendemyer

    kendemyer
    Expand Collapse
    New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2003
    Messages:
    168
    Likes Received:
    0
    Here is the new revised material. Thanks for the input.

    PROPHECY: THE BIBLE HAS NO EQUALS


    Foretelling the future was not the sole domain of the Jewish prophets. The Old Testament prophets instructed the Jews regarding doctrine and moral matters. Many times they were not well received due to people not wanting to turn from their error. In addition to this, they warned of future judgement or provided assurance to the Jewish people that God would take care of them. In this latter regard, foretelling the future played a part. Sometimes people listened to the prophets and judgement was avoided. Sometimes they did not and judgement came according to what the prophets foretold.

    The law said if a prophet spoke words that were not doctrinally correct (worship another God) or if their prophecies did not come true they were put to death.

    Many people are unaware that no book or person has ever remotely compared to the Bible in terms of foretelling the future in terms of specificity, numbers of prophecies, or accuracy of prophecy. We will take a look at non-Bible pyschics and mediums first and then show the amazing accuracy of Bible prophets (a true prophet is correct 100% of the time).


    BIBLE PROPHETS VERSUS NON-BIBLE MEDIUMS/PSYCHICS

    Brookside Church in Ohio states the following regarding the Bible's laws regarding prophets and the accuracy of modern day psychics as reported by a recent study:

    "A true prophet is correct 100% of the time. A test of a prophet was whether they prophesied an event that did not come to pass. Prophets whose predictions failed to come to pass were stoned. People would think twice before revealing any kind of prophecy. Yet the Bible contains more prophecy about Jesus than any other book on any other founder of ancient religion.

    Today there are people who claim to have psychic power. In 1975, The People's Almanac did a study of 25 of the best psychics. Out of 72 predictions, 66 (92%) were totally wrong. The remaining 8% could be explained away."

    Taken from the following website: http://www.brooksidechurch.com/etw/jc7.htm


    Norman Geisler on Nostradomus:

    http://www.johnankerberg.org/Articles/theo...ry/TD1001W4.htm


    An Article that discusses Jeanne Dixon and Nostradomus:

    http://www.inplainsite.org/html/nostradamu...ward__vanp.html


    GENERAL ARTICLE: PROPHECY AS A DEFENSE OF THE BIBLE

    http://www.equip.org/free/DA151.htm


    TYRE AND JERUSALEM IN PROPHECY

    http://custance.org/old/hidden/3ch3.html


    SOME PROPHECIES OF THE BIBLE

    http://www.100prophecies.org/default.htm]

    http://www.christadelphian.org.uk/booklets/bprop1.html]


    MESSIANIC PROPHECY FULFILLED IN JESUS

    http://www.messianic-prophecy.net/]http://www.messianic-prophecy.net/


    MORE FAITH BUILDING MATERIAL AND ARTICLES

    If you liked this material on Bible archaeology and would like to read other faith building material please go to the following web address:

    http://www.christian-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=199
     

Share This Page

Loading...