1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Reading

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Pine_Island_Mrs, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Pine_Island_Mrs

Pine_Island_Mrs New Member

Hello all. I need some spiritual advice. I know for sure that there are many qualified people on this board so here goes.

I know that my greatest weapon in this world is hiding the Word of God in my heart so why can't I seem to stick with reading every day? Not just reading but studying? I love to read but a couple of years ago I had a skull base surgery to remove a tumor in my inner ear canal and the surgery and anesthetic affected my memory and comprehension. Usually, when I do read I read no brainer stuff and when I do read something important I can't remember the details. I've even gone so far as to say "well, ok, the least I can do is read 1 chapter or 1 verse." I use NIV because it's language is easier. Also since God is love and God (in the form of Holy Spirit)is inside me, why don't I ferverently love others. Somethings wrong in my life. I pray about this kind of stuff all the time. Any advice?

2. Pine_Island_Mrs

Sorry, I forgot that I was in the debate section. How do I move this to General Discussion? and then delete this reply. See what I mean about short memory [​IMG]

3. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Hello Pine,

I believe your in a wonderful place as well. Scriptures teach that its God wills and works within you to do His good pleasure. He also teaches us to love one another. Do we do this perfectly (in an instant coffee world)? No we fall and make mistakes and purified and refined through them. Don't fret the goal of our faith is Love and He is the Author and the finisher of our faith. He who began a good work in you will bring it forth to completion to the day of Christ.

I usually find I'm aware of a problem in my heart and its simply brought to the surface and I look at and say, "alright I see Lord, can you show me how"? He does. He'll bring a few trials into your life that will almost demand your attention to our lack and then realize we have not because we ask not. Then to our great joy in our loving Heavenly Father He gives us the desire of our hearts in accrdance to HIS WILL. Thats one thing I know for sure that He desires us to love one another.

Its much harder to love those who curse you (heres where I struggle) so I have asked, "please Lord let love my enemies as you loved yours". I think ultimate realization in us is when we are truly crucified with Him (have given our whole self to Him experiencialy. On that Cross is where Christ said, "Father forgive them they know not what they do".

Same goes for Paul, all forsook him and in the end he says, "may the Lord not lay charge against them". I think the beauty of it is when you come to blessed place of walking with Him and maybe walking close as with your head as close to His heart (discovering His boundless love) we are closer to being an expresser of His love.

The amazing thought with those who remain with Him seen as Judging Isreal is that each may get to the place where they hold nothing against anyone. True release from holding others sins against them (retaining them) or loosing them.

I believe something very special for you in the Lord, and I think He showed you this in yourself first so that when He does it within you, you will know for sure it is Him.

God Bless Pine

Seth3

4. Pine_Island_Mrs

Thanks for the response, Seth3, I find it very encouraging. [​IMG] I guess I get impatient and want it all right now. God is so gracious and merciful and He's loved me so much and I feel terrible that I don't do better, quicker. I keep reminding myself that it's the job of the Holy Spirit to change me from the inside out. Thanks again.

5. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Sometimes we just need a reminder. Who can blame you for wanting more of His love seen and reflected in our lives. Rest assured He hasn't forgotten that you are His work. As you rest He works, just learn of Him (as Mary sat at His feet) and choose the best part that will never be taken away. He is Gracious Pine, at least you know that, thats good.

God Bless Pine

Seth3