1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Study Courses

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dianna, Sep 27, 2006.

1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Diana,

Thanks for posting the link. I was intrigued to view what you had posted in light of your commentary on the studies.

This statement unfortunately is not 100% accurate as the first study I opened and looked at man's doctrine was being pushed in just the way the questions were worded. The terms being used assumed the student believed the same way the author believed.

The only way you are going to be able to completely get rid of man is to not read anything published by man and rely on Scripture alone. However that's not the way God designed things as He has given us teachers and pastors to learn from and under. So what one must do is pray, asking for discernment as to who is preaching God's Truth and who is preaching man's lies about God's truth.

Hope that helps. Certainly don't want to discourage you, but wanted to make sure you were don't caught unaware either :)

God's blessings to you as you seek His face! By the way if that was the type of studies you were looking for PM me with your email address and I have several studies like that that I can email you. There is an overview of Scripture study, Biblical marriage study, James, Hebrews, I& II Peter, Life of Jesus (I believe is the title) and one or two others.

2. Dianna

Dianna New Member

I do try to be aware with any study,devotional, sermon that I read. Most stuides I have found will have the writer of the study giving many notes, their ideas and so forth. I do have to be careful not to fall into a trap of learning man's word over God's. I have a bit of Bible knowledge, working on that daily,and by God's grace and love I am learning a lot.

Yes praying before study I feel is very key. If I am doing a daily reading in the Bible, doing a study or even before I come to a board like this or an email group I pray that God will let me see his truth, will show me how to use that truth in my daily life.

I have learned, normally the hard way, not to just take everything at face value and to asume b/c someone says they are teaching God's word, that they are not always doing so.

I will PM you. Thank you :) I am very hungry for God's word, very hungry to learn. So any help is apprecaited :)

Dianna