1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible study last night was too difficult for me stay.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by peterotto, Jul 20, 2007.

1. peterotto

peterotto New Member

The leader of the bi-monthly Bible study was out on leave, so instead of reading scriptures and studying,
    we watched a video. Epicenter: Why Current Rumblings in the Middle East Will Change Your Future

The movie had "prophecy" experts like Tim LaHay, Calvary Chapel's dominion, and others.
    I am sick and tired of listening to dispensational barf. I thank God for people like Gary Demar who exposes these false prophets and their end-time game. Instead of listening through the whole propaganda film, I just stepped out and went home. The last thing I want to do is get into an argument that will bring division to the group. Next time we meet, I will slowly correct these people on their erroneous way.

Anyone see the movie? What do you think?

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

That was a funny post I got a chuckle out of it, especially the last line. :laugh: Thanks!

And to answer your question no I have never seen that production before, so I really can't speak to its correctness or error.

3. peterotto

peterotto New Member

J Jump, could you show me in the Bible how/where the fig tree represents the nation of Israel?

Thanks

4. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Are you a preterist, peterotto?

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Which one of the clues gave it away? :laugh:

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can you please supply me with a prophecy (not prediction) Tim Lahay has given?

7. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, end of discussion.

8. peterotto

peterotto New Member

Yes, I am a partial preterist, post-mill. Why? After studying them all, it is the only one that makes the most sense. Dispensationalism was the worst of the major 4. (Post, Pre, Amil, Disp).

I didn't see the whole movie, nor did I write down what Tim said exactly. What he did say was there were prophecies being fulfilled today.
    Usually that means, in the book of Ezekiel, Israel becoming a nation was fulfilled in 1948.

Here is a good link to learn about Tim LaHaye.

#8 peterotto, Jul 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2007
  9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    post-trib pre-mill but I don't agree with the dispensational view and Hal Lindsey already took a turn spinning the wheel and failed.