1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Study Resources for Small Group

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Andy T., Aug 3, 2007.

1. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I am looking for a Bible study curriculum for a Men's S.S. class. I want to do an actual Bible Study that is in depth where the participants have to put some time into it each week. Topical or through-a-book - either is fine. The topics don't have to be men's-related, either. Doctrinal stuff would be good, too. Or a study of a particular book of the Bible.

Do you have any preferred publisher or author for in-depth Bible Studies that facilitate good discussion and learning?

Thanks.

2. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

I have a challenge for you. Think of yourself as the chef, the one responsible for the meal. Instead of requiring those you are serving to do your work, the work of the chef to labor, why not you do the intensive study and preparation and then feed them so that they may be full when they leave and such a regular filling might spur them on to an internal impetus due to an increase in maturity from the good food?

#2 Mr.M, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2007
  3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

There is a time and place for what you suggest, but that is not the goal of this particular group. Thanks, anyways.

4. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

Do they understand that the class is going to require out of class study and research and are they genuinely interested in having this as a requirement? I ask this, still not knowing the answer so please receive it without knowing how you will answer,....I ask this because many teachers are under the fallacious impression that people are interested in studying outside of class. Most are not. And if you have a unique class that is made up of a majority of those eager and willing to study outside of the class, how did you conjure up this group (I don't mean that sarcastically by the way)? Did you announce the class ahead of time stating a more serious study group class would be formed and it attracted them or did you just know it was time in the church because there was a genuine and pronounced desire in the men for this? I truly am interested the formula you used for this, most teachers would truly be envious for such an earnest group.

5. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

We are still in the early stages in planning this. Nothing has been announced to the church, but we already have 5-6 guys who said they would like such a group. Even if that's all we get, it will be worth it. I suspect that we will get a few more, though. Yes, we will be upfront of what will be expected for the study.

6. Mr.M

Mr.M New Member

That is great, maybe the class will spur interest in others as the men discover the class to be a source for spiritual growth.

7. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Navigator's site or Regular Baptist Press Adult SS material, or SBC SS material? Depends on what you are looking for, immautre/mature etc. Or take a book of the Bible and make up your own studies - get a couple weeks ahead and make up some assignments.

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

How about The Measure of a Man by Gene Getz?