1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bible Version

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by drake13, Sep 9, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

My preference in order: KJV, NKJV, NASB, ESV, ASV. At the bottom of the list I would put the HCSB, NIV {all}, any paraphrase at the very bottom of the heap.

I have a number of translations but some of the newer stuff I wouldn't touch.

I like the Third Millennium Bible which is the KJV with out dated words replaced but it includes the Apocrypha. The KJ21 is similar. Then there is the MKJV, Jay Greens translation.

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I've been thinking about this thread and getting annoyed.

We have so many Bibles. Many of us have paper versions of multiple Bibles, along with apps of them on our phones, instant access on our computers, etc..

They're obviously not cost prohibitive.

Since they're affordable now and available most anywhere in the United States, why are there struggles to get Bibles to people who do not have them? Why do missionaries struggle to get Bibles to people in places where it is allowed, sometimes settling for a miniature Bible that only contains John and maybe two other books? Even here in the states, cheap and incomplete miniatures are given out quite often.

This makes no sense.

Why? Why not give out normal sized, complete Bibles? Of all the charitable free stuff donated, this seems like it should be a priority, not the part to skimp on.

What's up with this?

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oldtimer: I have never encountered NIV,HCSB or NASBU-only churches. I don't believe they exist. But KJV Onlyism has developed to a high degree in a number of congregations around the world. Extremism is a bad thing and not godly.

4. OldRegular

I would say they are to be commended!

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Please clarify. Are you saying it's a good thing there are no NIV,HCSB and NIV-only churches? If so,I am in total agreement with you.

6. OldRegular

:thumbs::thumbs:

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you still can't quite make up your mind distinguishing between a paraphrase and a dynamic equivalent. Please list those versions you believe to be paraphrases. I have asked you repeatedly.