1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biblical Defense of KJVO Beliefs

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Pioneer, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like part of Romans 6:2 in the AV1611 that has no Greek in ANY Greek manuscript for it? GOD FORBID!

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize (sincerely), brother, for jumping to a conclusion and attributing Pioneer's words and attitude to you. You were trying to "help" him with possible scriptures for breaking fellowship with us and I read it and its implication incorrectly.

The fault is mine here and I own up to it. Will be careful to whom I wave "goodbye" in the future. Now, if only those threatening to leave or not post again WOULD actually leave, we would all heave a sigh of relief!

Look forward to hearing from YOU my friend!

3. Arubian Baptist

Arubian Baptist New Member

Accepted! [​IMG]

Lets get ready for the next fight, where we can punch each other with words and still have a fair fight.

I think I'm missing 2 theeth allready [​IMG]

Best regards.

4. Istherenotacause

Istherenotacause New Member

I'm alarmed to see Christians attempts to tear down ones stand on the Word of God.

I have several KJBs, it's all I've ever had, ever read, ever will read and will ever preach from.

Does this initiate me into this "accused" KJVO "cult"?

The Bless the Lord O, My soul! and pin the tail on the {***} and hear him bray! O.K.? Baalim?

Your attacks on the KJB are most certainly uncalled for, except by those who tend to remain in the "gray" areas, leaning more towards Protestantinism.

Actually I'm so glad I have the word of God in the "Elizabethan English" it gives me all the more reason to study deeper into the meaning of His word, instead of "having" to accept what has passed through the hands of "Textual Criticism" and "dynamic equivelency" What a crock!

You "MV's" are hilarious, trying to call yourselves Christians and can't even get along with some one who makes his stand on the KJB. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the MV's have that word "variance" in them, I don't know. Even on my "Online Bible" I NEVER read more than a sentence and chuckle and go back to the Word of God, KJB.

So go ahead and make your attacks, you don't look very well to the general public, y'know?

In His *(HOLY)* Service!

Brother Ricky (EEEEYyaaaahhhh!)

[ June 02, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: TomVols ]

5. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Who has 'attacked' the KJV?

Then why do you accept the KJV? It went through textual criticism and it certainly has dynamic equivalents in it (lest you forget, remember "God forbid").

Umm....I don't recall of a MV user saying that they would no longer post or interact with a KJVO. Please go back and reread what Pioneer has said, in case you do not remember. I have no problem if you want to use only the KJV. I will happily fellowship with you. Just don't perpetuate the myth that it is the ONLY version of the Bible and I HAVE to use it. If you THINK it is the best version, then I can respect that. But don't try to force me to agree. Once you start trying to force others, you are KJVO.

That is a nice personal testimony. I am sure there are many personal testimonies about not being able to understand the KJV and when the person reads a good MV the Scriptures come alive (my pastor would testify to this).

Please point out these 'attacks.' And not looking good to the general public? Is this how we now determine truth, what looks good? :rolleyes: Besides, we do not intentionally give half-truths and make all kinds of railing accusations, as the KJVO crowd tends to do.

Neal

[ June 02, 2003, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: neal4christ ]

6. Askjo

Askjo New Member

True!

7. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

May I respectfully ask what other versions you accept besides the KJV?

Neal

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I have several KJBs, it's all I've ever had, ever read, ever will read and will ever preach from.

Does this initiate me into this "accused" KJVO "cult"?

No. Using only a specific version or translation does not make one a version-onlyist. When someone insists that the version they use is the only acceptible version for everyone, then they are a version-onlyist. Doesn't matter what version that is. If you use only one specific version, and you believe that is the best one for you to use, then by all means use it to all of God' glory, without fear of being labeled a "cultist".

9. Istherenotacause

Thanks for your post Neal4christ, I feel justified in my menas now.

The reference I made to textual criticism and dynamic equivelency was in reflection to Westcott and Hort's methods of the ONLY way the texts could be interpeted.

The KIng James Bible is the Word of God and the new versions are only commentaries at best. Does this make me a member of this KJVO cult now?

10. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

In my opinion, yes. I would ask, on what basis you have set up the KJV as the standard?

Neal

11. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Actually, I would change my answer to no, at least temporarily. Do you insist that I need to use the KJV in order for me to have THE Word of God?

Neal

12. Istherenotacause

It's just my coviction on the King James Bible, not a "version" but the Bible.

Anyone can use any version they want, but if they really want to know what the Word of God says as close to the Originals, then I wouldn't waste "redeemable time" in these present evil days, consulting any other but the KJB.

History shows the lives of the martyrs so we could have this Bible, but all I see in the MV's stance is alot of pride being burnt.

Got to go out in the public domain for a little while, hand out a track or two, maybe get a chance to witness. [​IMG]

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most definitely.

14. Istherenotacause

Most definitely. </font>[/QUOTE]I believe you are condemning in your attitude then and I resent the fact that you place me in the same catagory with true cults like Russleites, Mormons, 7th day adventists and the such.

You name for me just ONE doctrine that I don't find in my KJB and also one that I don't stand for! It seems more to me that you are separating from me by your insinuation that I am a member of a cult. Either you don't know what a cult is, or you don't understand what you're trying to say, which isn't very much from what I've seen.

15. Askjo

Askjo New Member

16. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Istherenotacause writes:
    &gt;&gt;It's just my coviction on the King James Bible,
    &gt;&gt;not a "version" but the Bible.

The key word is conviction. It is my conviction that the KJV, Tyndale, Wiclif, Luther, Geneva and ESV are all the Word of God. Not just a version, but the Word of God.
    I have no problem with your statement at all, because you have qualified it as a conviction, not doctrine.

Oh, and thanks, by the way. Your karate chop comment caused me to spit coffee on my monitor again.
    &lt;feigning Scottish accent&gt;
    Captain, she can't take much more of this.

17. Istherenotacause

Captain's Bridge to Engineer,"Give me all you've got Scotty. We can't afford to loose her now!"

18. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

&lt;imitating a REALLY bad Russian accent&gt;
    Captain, Excelsior is powering up with orders to pursue.

19. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Thank-you for expanding on your position. I would just like to ask what martyrs you are referring to, if you don't mind.

I find it funny that you associate pride with MVs. In my experience, it is usually KJVOs that are the most arrogant and disrespectful. But that is just what I have encountered.

Neal

20. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

This has really boggled my mind. How can you refer back from the texts from which it came when supposely all original MSS are lost?