1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biblical Guilt or false guilt?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 24, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The subject of Guilt is one that needs to be studied.

According to John 3:1-(8) & Jn 16:7-11 the Holy Spirit is the one to bring conviction and guilt to the sinner and leads people to repentance. There are many that have a false guilt and all because they attend churches with lots of traditions. Many Brethren, Mennonite, and Amish think certain things on what is sin, and they make their members feel guilty for breaking their traditions. But in reality its not Biblical guilt if their traditions are not Biblical.

Not to say that Mennonite, Amish, and Brethren are not proactive members of society and honorable people. Its just their traditions and making people feel guilty is the question. There are other groups as well that build false guilt into people and make them feel guilty when the guilt should come from the Holy Spirit and not traditions. When I do open air preaching I try to stick to the essentials of the faith and I strive not to debate and baffle over music, bible translations, dress codes, dancing, hair styles, etc.. If I have not done this I would appreciate feedback as I am not perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P6U-Ec0FQo

#1 evangelist6589, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013