1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biblical Healing?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jedi Knight, Sep 30, 2010.

?
  1. Physical Healing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spiritual Healing

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Not Sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Isaiah 53:5....and with his stripes we are healed. I have heard many believe this passage means it's Gods will for you to be healed. I believe it does not but rather spiritual healing. So which do you believe this means and why.

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

It is definitely spiritual healing. If it meant physical healing, why haven't I been healed of my many infirmities--including diabetes?

3. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Hey Jon Marc thanks for actually answering the OP correctly by explaing why you believe what you believe. lol Well you know some very famous TV preachers say you should just believe God will do it.......just believe! I feel to many christians have bought into this theology of "name it and claim it" healing.

#3 Jedi Knight, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
  4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

There was also the belief (maybe still is around?) that God wants us all to be rich. If so, then I'm doing something wrong.

5. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Reminds me of the scripture "give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:" Why?
    "Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain."

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

The principal meaning of Isaiah's "by his stripes we are healed," is spiritual.

But there is a sense in which Isaiah 53:4 refers to physical healing. However, this does not mean the verse supports "healing in the atonement." That is, Jesus not only died for our sins, but died for our sicknesses.

Here's why. Matthew 8:16-17 relates that Jesus, after he had healed Peter's mother-in-law, that evening cast out some demons and healed everyone who was sick.

Verse 17: "...that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities a bare our sicknesses."

I can hear the faith-healers saying, "see, we told you Isaiah was referring to physical healing."

But here's the problem with that. Matthew, led by the Holy Spirit, said that Isaiah 53:4 was fulfilled---in the evening (v. 16); in Capernaum (v.5).

Jesus fulfilled the prophecy, not in his death on the cross, but IN HIS LiFE.