1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biblical Worldview ~vs~ World Biblical View....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 11, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...yes, in my heart I honestly believe that there is a clear difference of views in our world, especially here in the United States of America.

Like so many of my Baptist Board brothers and sisters, I hold to a Biblical world view of the Gospel message. And in turn this has allowed me to develop and hold to a Christian world view of this society, our many cultures, the church in general, and the many forms of sin within our society today.

The problem in our society, and most definitely within the church in general is that too many folks can't handle the Biblical world view of Gospel as it hits too close to their sinful ways, and the lifestyle their world Biblical view has allowed them to follow. The truth is a world Biblical view serves only to appease and soothe the guilt of the average sinner who considers themselves to be Christian or church going folks.

In recent polls, less than seven percent of those Americans polled do not see themselves as "christians!" That means more than 80% of Americans claim some form of association to the church. But in truth, I believe that number is a lot less when you take into affect the difference between those who life and follow a world Biblical view ~vs~ a Biblical worldview of the Gospel and Christian walk.

An example of the growing world biblical view is seen in the number of denominations that have voted to allow the "happiest people on earth" join their ranks as members; get married in their sanctuaries; and even be ordained. Same-gender churches and those that now accept this lifestyle as being normal and welcome them in love while not preaching or teaching against the act of same-gender relationships in the bedroom [metaphorically speaking] is just one of the reasons the church has become a warrior without armor and weaponry.

Another example of the world Biblical view creeping into our churches can be observed in the WOF movement. This movement is as dangerous as the one that readily accepts same-gender marriages and ordains those of same-gender lifestyles, because the WOF movement has reduced an awesome, supernatural God and the creator of the universe to their "spiritual sugar daddy" willing to give them their heart's desires if they simply have enough faith and ask.

What is seen as being the causae behind this world Biblcial view is the need for the people addicted to sin and flesh to find those men and women who are willing to teach a Gospel message that soothes and appeases the itching ears of those who want the faux security of heaven and being loved by God while they go on living like hell on earth.

These are the people who sew seeds of contempt all week long, and go to church on Sunday, and pray for crop failure. It's sort of like the now infamous "Morning-after birth control pill" that allows the person to enjoy an intimate relationship without the lasting effects of a baby.

And while we have been adequately warned in 2 Timothy 4:3 about the rise of the "feel good" preachers, I can't honestly speak for other times throughout history, but I can honestly say that I have witnessed a wildfire like growth of "feel good" churches around the world and here in America, especially over the last two decades.

However, if the true biblical world view church were to reach out and try to teach the truth of the Gospel message about the social sins of this society, we'd be shouted down and off the stage, while being labeled purveyors of "hate speech" and "homophobic!" We have the Word to fall back on for comfort and support as Jesus clearly told us that we would be called names and despised, while He would be mocked. D not take this to heart, just shake the dust from your sandals, and move on down the road to the next town.

No matter how you slice it, 2 Timothy 4:3 say it loud and clear in the following parallel versions of the same text:

2 Timothy 4:3 NKJV -"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers..."

2 Timothy 4:3 NLT -"For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to right teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever they want to hear."

2 Timothy 4:3 NRS -"For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires..."

2 Timothy 4:3 RSV - "For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings..."

2 Timothy 4:3 MSG - "You're going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food - catchy opinions that tickle their fancy."

The "highway to hell" is paved with people filled with good hearts and tons of good intentions. Sadly, good hearts and intentions are not what it takes to gain entrance through that Narrow Door and the end of the Narrow Path.

The church needs to hold the proverbial "line in the sand" and not be like the hireling mentioned here in John 10:12 - "He who is a hireling and not a shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf snatches them and scatters them." (RVS) UNfortunately, there are a growing number of hirelings within the church, and what we need are true shepherds with a shepherds heart and mind set!

The members of this board may disagree on many theological issues, but we are united on the basic facts, i.e.; That God created us and all we see; That mankind is lost through the sin of Adam and Eve; that God sent His Son, unblemished and sin free, who went to the cross for our sins; His grace is what saves us when we repent and ask Jesus into our heart; that after being saved, we need to follow Him in water baptism and receive the in filling of the Holy Spirit, who will lead and teach us as well as nurture our souls and hearts as we grow the old man to the new man; that we can only enter the Narrow Gate through Jesus; and that we will live forever with Him in eternity.

As for me and my house, we will hold to and follow the Biblical world view of the Gospel, and forever seek to remind the lost souls in the need of the good news and for Jesus in their lives; and for the confused and wrongly led sheep, the truth about the world Biblical view and the dangers of following it.

And should either of the groups. I encounter finds it within them to argue and put up a fight; I will excuse myself, shake the dust off the sandals, and wish them a happy forever, as I move on down the road to do as Christ so called me to do and that was to share the Gospel and make disciples of men, everywhere!

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Well said, my friend.

It isn't "if the true biblical world view church were to reach out and try to teach the truth of the Gospel message about the social sins of this society, we'd be shouted down and off the stage, while being labeled purveyors of "hate speech" and "homophobic!"."

That's already happened. Society has already shouted us down. Society has pushed us off the public stage. Society has pushed us off the stage in many "churches". What used to be a great stage that spread across this land, has become a narrow termite infested plank. A plank that pastors are walking at their own peril, when they preach the words of our Lord.

Amos 8: KJB
    10 And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.
    11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:
    12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.​

As I mentioned in another thread, these were the words from our Lifeway quarterly this past Sunday. Subject: Teaching the qualifications of a pastor. Scripture reference:

1 Tim 3:2 KJB
    A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach.

1 Tim 3:2 Holman
    An overseer, therefore, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, self-controlled, sensible, respectable, hospitable, and able teacher. ​
    Lifeway Life Lessons - Bible Studies for Life - page 92

- Self-controlled -- thought pastors were supposed to be led by the Holy Spirit?
    - personal limits to avoid excessive behaviors - sin in moderation OK?

In closing,

If our Saviour had acted in "socially acceptable ways" He would not have been nailed to the cross.

#2 Oldtimer, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013