1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biden, Obama a Comfortable Fit on the Campaign Trail

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 31, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biden, Obama a Comfortable Fit on the Campaign Trail
    [SIZE=-1]By Shailagh Murray
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Monday, September 1, 2008; A22[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE]TOLEDO, Aug. 31 -- Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. was warming up a crowd at a town hall meeting Sunday morning when a woman shouted, "You are gorgeous!"

"I haven't heard that in a long, long, long time," responded Barack Obama's new running mate. "And hanging around this lean, young-looking guy is making me feel pretty old, you know what I mean?"

The audience cracked up, and so did Obama. When it was his turn to speak, a woman called out for Biden and Obama quipped, "See, she thinks you're gorgeous, too, Joe."

Obama picked Biden as his running mate in part because his colleague from Delaware brings foreign policy heft and a working-class Catholic pedigree to the Democratic ticket. But as the two barnstormed through the Rust Belt on their first campaign swing together over the holiday weekend, it was clear that they also possessed a more elusive political quality: chemistry.

"Marriages of political necessity are often really awkward," senior Obama aide Linda Douglass said. But she said even Obama has been surprised at how quickly he and Biden have clicked on the campaign trail. "There's lots of laughing and collaboration and consultation," she said. "He's just this cheerful presence in the group."

- rest at www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/31/AR2008083101954_pf.html

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Does anyone think we're going to hear anything but this kind of thing about either major party ticket? Obama and Biden have people working FT, 24/7 to make sure we hear nothing but this. Same is true of McCain/Palin.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man, I post a positive article instead of one meant to rile up emotions like most threads in this forum attempt to do and this is the thanks I get. :)