1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big life events turn on small decisions

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In another thread posted today the topic was basically "if" -- "then".

This brought to my mind an event in my life were a normally very small decision led to a completely new direction in my life and in all that has happened since the winter of 1968.

One Sunday as I was headed home from church I stopped and bought a Washington Post. During the afternoon I was idly looking through the employment ads for no particular reason than I liked to see all the jobs that were open. I happened to see a small ad where a research/communications company needed a librarian to operate the company research library. On a whim I applied and to my surprise got the job. I worked there until I retired.

If I had not bought that newspaper. If I had not idly flipped through the employment ads. If I had not applied .... my life would have been totally different career wise, geographically, economically ... this list could go on and on and on and on ......................

What little decision made a huge difference in your life?