1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bill Ayers Says Obama Was ‘Family Friend’

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 14, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He wasn't an enemy of the veterans, he opposed the war. I don't recall Ayres spitting or harming veterans but that did take place...

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

He was an enemy of those who served. He did nothing worthwhile on our behalf. He had plenty of company at the time.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, REALLY?????

He was an enemy of this nation and any American who fought for America in Viet Nam. If I ran into him today, I'd tell him that because God directed me to, I forgive him, but, I'd remind him that his sins against this nation will never be forgotten. I'd tell him how despicablehe is to me as an American and a Viet Nam vet. I'd enjoy reminding him that he is no better than any other traitor to this nation.

You, my friend, are to politically correct to be fully intune with the Word of God. We are told to forgive, but not told to forget. But, you, in Christ, I still love!!!

4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Do you believe that every war America fights in is just? Why? Has God given us a special dispensation to kill whomever we want to kill?

5. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

All of them I know about have been just wars including the Viet Nam war.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Just more sour grapes! :laugh:

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<edited - LE> "What was just about the Viet Nam war?"

#27 dragonfly, Nov 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2008
  8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I had nothing to forgive or forget, I just looked beyond his faults and saw him as a creation of God in need of a savior.

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do You Believe....

that killing babies is just???? Why???? Has God given us a special dispensation to kill the fetus/person/baby in the name of 'I made a mistake, and want to end this life???" You asked a probing question, so I put the serve back in your court my brother.

10. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

He is an unrepentant terrorist who states he wish he had been more successful. Just what is a "respectable, law abiding citizen" in Chicago. I certainly would not want a Marxist involved in education any more than I want a Marxist in government.:BangHead: :tonofbricks: He really belongs in Gtmo with the rest of the terrorists.

11. OldRegular

Is that the same thing as wine?:laugh:

12. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Or vinegar? :laugh:

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Stopping the spread of communisim that was an major threat to our nation.

Cleaning up the consequences of World War II and our defeat of Japan that had occupied Viet Nam.

Helping another nation emerge from colonialism to a self-representative form of government.

Honoring the committments we made.

Did you want to tell me something personal?

14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

If I wanted to tell you something personal, I would use the PM feature.

I still don't think we should have been involved in the Viet Nam war to begin with.

15. OldRegular

I suggest the terrorist Bill Ayers as Secretary of Homeland Security.:laugh:

16. OldRegular

Not defending Ayers, are you sure?

Scripture please? I will just provide a few I think are particularly applicable to this unrepentant athiest.

Ps 14:1. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Ps 14:3. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Ps 53:1. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Psalms 53:3. Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Romans 3:12. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

It is a testimony to the weakness of our nation during the Viet Nam days. We were fighting Communist in those days and that is anathema to the leftists in this country.

He has not been written off in Chicago and recently received the man of the year award or something similar. He is living off the fat of the land when he should have been executed. As for his good that is subjective. I am sure the Marxist think he walks on water like OBAMA.:tonofbricks:

17. OldRegular

He is a Marxist. He is an enemy of this country. Wake up. The entire anti Viet Nam war movement was directed by Marxists.

18. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

We were involved. Some of us were very much involved. People like Ayers hurt us a lot just like the same types hurt our warriors in Iraq now. That's why most Viet Nam veterans have no respect for either.

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The 7th chpt of Romans deals with the subject of good and bad in man but I take it back to the garden. Adam was good until temptation got the best of him. Nobodies all evil. Even the worst of mankind is capable of doing an act of kindness.

Even Lucifer must have had some good since he once lived in heaven.

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't feel it's our duty to force democracy on other nations. That is why I don't like the war in Iraq and didn't like the Vietnam war. We brought democracy to an uneducated peasant in a village that had no idea what democracy was. He just wanted to grow his rice and live his days as his forefathers did.

I don't agree with what Ayres did because he took protest to a criminal level. I think it's no different that when the anti-abortion woman shot the abortion doctor or the one who burned down the abortion clinic. I don't agree with what they did but I do see why they did it.