1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bill Clinton: "Barack Obama is ready to be president of the United States."

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 27, 2008.

1. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Obama says he will cut income taxes on 95% of taxpayers, he wants gov't health care for everyone. BHO doesn't tell you that the Health Care Tax will cost more than 6 times the amount of taxes he has cut. (assuming he is serious) Gov't health care will most likely mean no one can receive adequate health care so everyone will have equal health care. All this from a political party that has seldom supported citizens rights. How many babies are we willing to kill as long as the gov't will take care of us?
    I am not pleased with either party but I always have to ask myself how anyone who proclaims to be Christian, can vote for a party that defends the legal killing of 4,000 American babies a day.

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

AMEN!

The Dems always say that we shouldn't focus on one issue (such as abortion). Well, this goes against God's Word and it is definitely a KEY issue for me.

How can we say we hate abortion and we're against g*y rights and then vote for a man who openly votes for, and supports, both??? :BangHead:

#62 I Am Blessed 24, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
  3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I see your point, Bush was against abortion. How much legislation did he send to the house to stop them?

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You are correct Sir and I stand humbly corrected....

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

He certainly does not support it and has never voted for it. Obama has done both in the Senate.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yes, but he is president, leader of the free world. What has he done to stop them? Is it enough to say I didn't vote for them? Is that all the commitment you need to give your support? That tactic doesn't seem to be working too well. Perhaps we should do something to stop them? Do you think McCain will introduce legislation to end abortions?

I have always believed that doing nothing to stop a crime makes you just as guilty as the person who committed the crime... Ok, so he didn't vote for abortion but he has also done nothing in 8 years to stop them so in my view he is just as guilty as the doctor who performed the procedure... I suspect McCain will continue this tradition and will also do nothing except hide behind a courts decision. He does have 26 years of experience at doing nothing to stop them. He does have experience on his side...

They suck in all the pro life voters just by saying they are against abortion but then what? Talk about following blind and buying empty promises...

#66 LeBuick, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This point really amazes me. "Bush is pro-life" yet despite being president for 8 years and having a Republican Congress a good of that time babies are still being slaughtered.

At least the Democrats are honest is saying they care nothing about the unborn. The Republicans just don't do anything about it!

How many babies does anyone think voting for McCain will save.

Wake up Christian America. Its time to let the Republicrat (whoops, Republican) Party know that are sick and tired of being pawns in their silly little game.

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bush and the Republicians say they are pro-life and perhaps many are and perhaps it is simply a political front for many also. However, regardless of what they really believe they know that they as politicians can really do nothing about it. The Supreme Court ruled in Roe v. Wade and that ruling has been upheld numerous times by the court. The current court and future courts will not turn Roe V Wade over if the candidates for the Supreme Court tell the truth at their hearings ... that is that they view precident seriously. If they say they do not believe precident is important they will never be confirmed. If they tell the truth then they will never vote to overturn the ruling. Only an amendment to the Constitution can overturn that ruling and that simply is not going to happen.

So, ignore politicians on this issue as it really means nothing either way. Look at issues they can do something about.

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may be right, I am not sure. When did Obama vote in the Senate for abortion?

10. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Apparently you do not understand how the three branches of the US government work. The Executive Branch does not "send legislation to the house." The President may tell the Congress what he wishes they would do, but he can not introduce legislation. The better question for you to be asking is how many originalist judges did President Bush appoint to the U.S. Supreme Court?

#70 Bible-boy, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I believe you know what I meant but let me be more clear...

While it is true the president can't directly introduce new legislation they can and often do write legislation and solicit a member of Congress to introduce it on the floor. Especially since the republicans had both houses during Bush' first term, he would have had no problem passing said bill if republican politicians are serious about pro-life. We saw nothing like this happen.

The president also outlines their legislative proposals during the State of the Union Address. The president also makes executive orders...

It has nothing to do with the justices he appoints, they are hiding behind the court since it really isn't needed if they are serious about the cause.

12. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Ken H say's

Bill Clinton: "Barack Obama is ready to be president of the United States."

Yeah!! Like He'd KNOW????

Bill that is!

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't looked through all the posts of this thread.However,at what point did BO become "ready"? Was he considered not to be ready the day before?

14. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

That is a great question. Throughout the entire Democratic Primary process the continual argument against BHO from the likes of Hillery Clinton, Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, John Edwards etc. was that he did not have the experience and leadership qualifications to be President. They consistantly pointed out that BHO was just not ready to lead, he was not ready to be President.

Now all of a sudden he is ready. How did that happen over night?

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It didn't. It is not a good idea to pay attention to personal attacks by candidates against each other during the primary process. They usually end up eating a lot of their words. :)

16. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

That is a nice pat answer. However, it fails to address the issue. Either BHO was/is ready to lead and be President or he was/is not. All your answer does is say that a great number of the Democratic Party's leadership is a bunch of liars. However, BHO political record (or rather the lack thereof) supports the claims the Dems made against him.

So once against I'll ask what is it that BHO has done that prepared him to lead the US and be our President?

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) They are. So are a great number of the Republican Party's leadership.

2) What has JSM III done that prepared him to lead the United States and be our president?

The bottom line is that it is the quality of the advisors that a president has that determines how well he leads. A president doesn't know everything and can't know everything. That is why George W. Bush has been a failure as president - he listened to neo-con advisors on foreign policy and listened to trickle-down economists on economic policy.

18. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Granted, but I don't recall any of the say that McCain is not ready to be President.

Good question. Please feel free to ask it in another thread dedicated to that subject. The subject here is whether or not BHO is ready to be President. If you can't answer that simple question with evidence and sources then please don't attempt to drive this thread off-topic by introducing secondary unrelated material to divert everyone's attention.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that Barack Obama is ready to be president.

1. He was a state legislator in Illinois for a long time.

2. He has run a community organization.

3. I like his foreign policy ideas.

4. Overall, I like his domestic ideas, except for the social issues.

5. He has been a member of the U.S. Senate for four years.

6. He is not John McCain who is a warmonger and wants to continue to give tax breaks to rich people and to rich corporations.

20. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Two terms from 1996-2004 constitues a "long time" for you? Likewsie, look at his voting record. Voting "present" most of time does not really paint a clear picture of what he stands for and how he showed leadership in the IL Senate.

He was a "community organizer." How does that qualify one to be President?

I did not ask you what you like about BHO. I asked you "What has BHO done that has prepared him to be President?"

Same response as above. Please answer the simple and direct question.

And he served a grand total of about 143 days before he started his Presidential Campaign. What significant legislation did he introduce? What did he accomplish while in the US Senate?

Off topic, red herring, please stick to the topic at hand. If you really want to talk about John McCain please feel free to start another thread on that topic.