1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bill Clinton May Get Payout of $20 Million

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Former President Clinton stands to reap around $20 million -- and will sever a politically sensitive partnership tie to Dubai -- by ending his high-profile business relationship with the investment firm of billionaire friend Ron Burkle.
    Mr. Clinton is negotiating to end his relationship with Mr. Burkle's Yucaipa Cos. as part of a broader effort to protect the presidential campaign of his wife, Sen. Hillary Clinton, from potential conflicts of interest. Details of Mr. Clinton's involvement in Yucaipa and his efforts to unwind it come from documents and interviews with people familiar with the matter.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120097424021905843.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Clintons may want to invest that $20 million in cattle futures. They were so fortunate the last time.
    Let's see, $20,000,000 x 100 ...

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I thought you guys were capitalists? You don't think Pres. Clinton should have the right to profit from his investments?

4. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Is Clinton unethical? Probably. But compared to Giuliani he looks like a Saint. I'll dig up links to G's business deals per request.

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Now Magnetic Poles... Didn't you get the memo that only Republicans are allowed to make any profits!

This is a non-story.. I am sure if they tried hard enough they could dig up something on Hillary, but instead they only want to take pot shots at Bill.

Shall we compare George and Bill's business ethics?

Jamie

6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I think you all missed the point here. Try again.

(Psssssssst. The password is ........hypocrisy.)

7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Sure.. that's what you want to call it. :rolleyes:

The article stated that he was doing this so there wouldn't be a conflict of interest. Isn't that a good thing?

Besides, I have stated for a long time now that all polticians are corrupt. Given that, what make this any more 'news' worthy than anything else?

I am not for Hillary by no means, but I am also against such witch hunts that amount to nothing...

Jamie

8. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

What witch hunt? We have nothing but admiration for a woman who, in her first attempt at futures trading, turned $1000 into $100,000. She's a natural. Why, just think what she could do with $20,000,000.

LINK

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

There is indeed hypocrisy by the Clintons. But there is more than a little hypocrisy by some of the critics of the Clintons as well. I am not saying you are one of these, but it does exist.

10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I don't see anything criminal or even wrong here. What are you saying? BTW the article ends with this observation:

Other leading American political figures have had business connections with foreign countries, including Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani. Mr. Giuliani's consulting firm, Giuliani Partners, has provided security advice to the government of Qatar.

Do you think that both Bushes haven't had dealings with Middle Eastern oil rich countries. The interesting question is whether that had anything to do with the fact that even though most of the alleged 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia we chose to not only not take any retribution against them but give them favored treatment in letting Saudi royalty fly out of this country right after 9/11 when no other aircraft were allowed to fly.

Think there's a possibility that VP Cheney's relationship with Bechtel and Halliburton has had any impact on decisions made by this administration?