1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bill O'Reilly Given The Boot

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Martin, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    After Bill O'Reilly's careless, and I would suggest immoral, comments concerning Shawn Hornbeck the "National Center for Missing and Exploited Children" have canceled his invitation to be the keynote speaker at a Florida event.

Five thumbs up for the people at the "National Center for Missing and Exploited Children". They have given O’Reilly the boot! Someone who holds the views expressed by Bill O'Reilly concerning a kidnapped 11-year-old child (who we now know was raped on a regular basis) should never be applauded. He not only should be booted from this event, FOX News should fire him.

LINK

Spread the news far and wide, Bill O'Reilly has been given the boot!:applause: :applause:

The following is a clip from MSNBC's Keith Olbermann's show. In this clip he plays O'Reilly's comments and interviews CourtTV's Catherine Crier. Very good....CLICK HERE.

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

O'Reily should be given the Boot from Fox as well. He is a disgrace to journalism, if you wan to call it that, I'd call it trash.

#2 Petra-O IX, Feb 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2007
  3. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Then I suppose he fits in on cable news

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

O'Reilly is a pig who should be fired from Fox. He is too low even for that network.

5. D28guy

D28guy New Member

I enjoy his program very much. Its an excellant program. The type of program he has is much needed. I actually dont know what it is that he said about the young man that got them so upset with him. Maybe someone can share that with me.

I dont agree with everything O'Reilly says, but he is doing much much more good than bad imo.

Go get 'em, Bill!

Mike

6. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I too like Bill - he only riles strong males who think they are always right.

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Did you listen to the clips from the OP?

8. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

The people that want him out have an agenda just as he has an agenda to expose the left for what they are. They lie in wait for him to be able to take something either out of context or even just something they disagree with to pounce on, and both sides do it. It is the nature of the game. As far as journalist go, he has an "opinionated show" people. He is allowed to express his opinion. The big difference is that he allows other opinions to be expressed too, through guest on the opposite side than his own, through emails and through calls. That is what you will not see on network news or even most other cable news shows.

9. JustPassingThru

Site Supporter

Does anyone else find it odd that good Christian men and women (all of us!) have such widely divergent views on almost everyone and everything?

That isn't necessarily a surprising or bad thing -- honest discourse can be enlightening -- but where is the Spirit's discernment in all this?

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==see the clip at the bottom of the OP from MSNBC. His comments are featured there. You can also do a search on Youtube and find video of his show from that night.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Actually I will turn against anyone who blames the victim of a serious crime. Bill OReilly's comments were immoral and, btw, were not taken out of context. I heard him make simular comments about Hornbeck on at least two different occasions. This is really a shame because he has done such good work pushing Jessica's Law. However with this one statement he undid all the good he had done. He allowed his mouth to disqualify him (1Cor 9:26-27). To defend OReilly, and his comments, is something no Christian should do.

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

All of us shake our heads and wonder at them (the ones without discernment so obvious to us) :laugh:

13. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

O'Reilly, who has had a little trouble with non-consensual relationships himself, is at least consistent when he made excuses for the predator who kidnapped these children.

And he's still good for ratings. Which is all that matters to FOX.

They aren't going to boot him, even over this.

14. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Bill is exactly the kind of journalist that makes Fox news network what it is. I'm sure they think he didn't say or do anything wrong.

15. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then maybe it is time to turn off FOX News over this as well? I will think about it.

16. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Terry Herrington,

No, I missed it the 1st time but just watched it.

1st of all, this is MSNBC for crying out loud. Talk about the proverbial "consider the source".

They took one snippet of O'Reilly's program and used it to crucify him.

I have been watching O'Reilly for several years now and he has CONSISTANTLY and VIGOROUSLY taken a strong "death penalty" or "lock em up and throw away the key" approach to these kind of monsters. And I have heard him verabalise those very sentiments regarding this particular monster. He does sometimes use catch phrases..."having the time of his life", etc...sometimes just to make a point, but not necesarrily always meaning it literally.

The MSNBC people should hang there heads in shame, but again...considering the source...they are probably very pleased with the positions they take sometimes.

Mike

17. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I was listening to OReilly on FOX News (XM Radio) when he made the statements. I later heard him repeat the statements in a different context. MSNBC took nothing out of context nor did they twist anything he said. He said what he said. He rejected, without any scientific reason or background, stockholm syndrome and stated that more would come to light to show that Shawn Hornbeck "liked" his captivity since he did not have to go to school. Of course OReilly's comments were ignorant when he made them now, after the charges have been filed (some 69 sodomy charges) and other details have been released, OReilly's comments don't only look ignorant, foolish, and cold hearted, they also look immoral. There is no defense for OReilly's comments, none whatsoever. He has offered no apology and has, in his usual style, tried to blame the left for his troubles. Well I am as right wing as they come and I, with others, was sickened by his comments. Even though I have watched his show almost daily, and listened to his radio show on XM several times a week, I have turned him off 100%. I will not give that man my ratings. I hope, and I pray, that OReilly is off the air ASAP.

==He has also done great work "in the past" trying to get Jessica's Law passed. However all of that great work was undone by the comments he made. This child (11 years old) was kidnapped at gun point off the street, raped, abused, isolated, and held for four years (until he was 15). For anyone to suggest he "liked" any part of that because he did not have to attend school is unexcusable. OReilly's out right rejection of stockholm syndrome was bad enough and displayed his gross ignorance about these matters, but to go further and claim that this child "liked" his captivity. That is going too far, that is crossing the line. Bill OReilly no longer has any credibility on this issue. none at all.

This is simular to what Paul warned about at the end of 1Corinthians chapter 9. There is a danger that, having done great work, a person can cancel all of that out by one stupid act or statement. Any good work OReilly has done in the past is over-shadowed by his statements on this matter.

==Bill OReilly was not, and may I repeat, was not using hyperbole when he made this immoral statement. He made it at least twice, in two different contexts, and was as serious as he could be. He stated that information would come to light that proved Shawn enjoyed his capitivity. Of course no such evidence has, or will, come to light.

==Bill OReilly should hang his head in shame and go hide under a rock for making such stupid and immoral comments. MSNBC, whatever their motive(s), pointed out OReilly's immorality.

No Christian, or any person who is concerned with the victims of violent crime, show defend or make excuses for Bill OReilly. I am tired of people making excuses for these type people simply because they like to watch their tv show and agree with them on other issues. I agree with OReilly on many issues but this was a deal breaker. My agreements with OReilly on other issues is no longer important. When he made this statement I could no longer support him. We should not have unconditional loyalty to these people. Such unconditional loyalty is dangerous. As soon as one of these clowns makes these type of comments they should be off. Period, no questions asked.

#17 Martin, Feb 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2007
  18. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Martin,

No Christian, or any person who is concerned with the victims of violent crime, should defend or tolerate the ignorant and thoughtless ramblings of the ultra left wing babblers.

Mike

19. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Btw, here is something good that someone sent me...

:thumbs: :laugh:

Mike

20. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody is defending the left wing here so your comment is pointless.

Btw even babblers can get it right once and a while. You don't have to be conservative or Christian to realize that OReilly was very wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.