1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bill Sponser Speaks Up

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Aug 12, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The proposer of the "death board" clause, Republican Senator Johnny Isakson didn't appreciate Obama giving him credit for the proposal but he did have this to say about why it is there...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glenn...s_Obama_shout_out_from_town_hall.html?showall

I was starting to think the Republican's proposed the clause just so they'd have a reason to oppose the bill.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

In this article, the great Senator defends his proposal and emphasized that all 50 states currently have legislation to this effect.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2009/08/is_the_government_going_to_eut.html

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

To attempt to interject any sanity into this is now useless. The republicans are in a frenzy. Not only will they not listen to reason, they have seized upon this health care reform bill to stir up the simple-minded with exaggerated claims they themselves know to be false.

4. targus

targus New Member

So when the "party of no", as he likes to call them, puts forth a suggestion the first response on LeBuicks part is to dismiss it?

Why do you oppose living wills and medical powers of attorney?

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

LB and RS...

Let me share with you a concept foreign to yourselves: intellectual honesty.

You see, I (not a Republican, thanks) am against government healthcare. So...the fact that a Republican (which I am not) had input, doesn't faze me in the least.

You, on the other hand, are presented with a problem. RS, you hate Republican's with such a passion...yet you are forced to defend this one. Stinks, doesn't it?