1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Billy Graham Evangelism Association

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

I hope that Franklin and Will Graham are a bit less ecumenical than Billy was--especially in his earlier years.

I didn't have a problem with what Billy Graham preached; in fact, I always enjoyed watching his "classic" crusade programs.

That wasn't the problem.

What bothered me was when he'd end his message with, "Be sure to go to church on Sunday."

Well, for almost 20 years, if I would have gone to the church in which I was raised, I would have NEVER heard the Gospel of salvation by grace through faith in what Jesus Christ did for me when He was crucified and subsequently rose from the dead.

That so-called church was as liberal as the first day of summer is long. It was pastored by a graduate of Harvard Divinity School, so you can pretty well imagine the kind of message he preached.

I would have died and gone to hell if all I ever heard was the preaching and teaching at that so-called church.

Thank God He delivered me from that environment in April, 1966, when He reached down and saved this poor man's soul!