1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Billy Graham on the November Election...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Totally. He's already said some scary things that were caught on audio tape about what he can do later but is constrained right now.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is this about running two (in my estimation anyway) non Christians in a Christian country that fails to trouble you? What is it about the Graham Affair (erasing all reference to Mormons being a cult) that allows us to give them & the Mormon agenda to Mormonize America a pass? Why is it that we have to make a choice between the fiery inferno or jumping out the 135 story window? Is God not present with a better solution or is America doomed to a life without Christian leadership? And have we as citizens of this country relied on the media to do our evaluations for us & we default to the pavement vs the fire? Can God not provide us a better solution? I would tell you that every saved Christian should be spending time on their knees in prayer to beg our God for guidance in these very troubling times.

We will see what these two poor excuses for human beings say this evening--however I am not expecting much if anything. Dark, dark, dark times. :tear:

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

When has America ever had Christian leadership? And I don't see these as dark times- God is still on the throne regardless of who wins the election. But I am going to cast my vote as He leads me regardless. He has placed me in a country where I have the privilege of, and responsibility for voting and I am grateful for that.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh really...so now God is telling you how to vote?!?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me bring an old song/hymn to your attention Mexdeaf (the word will flash while the singing starts). Written by William Williams-- we of Welsh blood consider him one of the best poets, musical composers & pastors our people have ever produced. He was prolific & God inspired....would that you could hear the melody! I even have it in line singing for the Old Baptists...but the words convey my thinking as to where we Christians are & need to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK9-bJlSt6c&feature=related

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

You mean you are asking the other guy and not Him?:smilewinkgrin:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea....who dis...
    And He walks with me and He talks with me
    And He tells me I am His own
    And the joy we share as we tarry there
    None other has ever known. :tongue3:

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Yes, I agree with that and for far more than this political situation. We should pray long and hard, EVERYDAY, for guidance in every aspect of our lives. Pray, above everything else, that we do His will, in accordance with guidance from the Holy Spirit within us.

I cannot tell you why we have to make the choice that we have today. Is it God's will that these two men are running at the top of the ticket? Or, is it because Christians over the last 100 years have allowed this situation to come about, themselves? Has God watched it happen, just as he watched what the Hebrews did again and again?

Is He still watching? Watching with a hope that a few will do whatever they can to try to change this situation? And that includes doing more than prayer. Shouldn't we be crying in the wilderness, even if our cry is just a vote in opposition for the status quo? Failure to vote against it, is a vote for it, IMO.

I remember when Kennedy's faith was a bone of contention, with some prior to the election. It was used as a tactic to try to sway nonCatholic "Christian" voters to either vote for his opponent or stay at home. It's a similar situation now.

While we argue about Romney's beliefs, do we know Obama's true religious convictions? While there have been some weak protests to the contrary, how much real evidence is there that he has renounced the faith of his childhood? Attempts to bring "religion" into the 2008 election was effectively squashed by the Washington establishment (both parties) and the media.

I'd rather vote for a known bearing a "Christian" umbrella, than one who may be carrying afolded anti-Christian umbrella for a second term. Despite the protests to the contary, we just don't know. At least I don't know.

If Obama goes back in for a second term, we may just find out on Janurary 21, 2013. It won't matter then, what profession of faith he may or may not make. If God is simply still watching and patiently waiting, he may allow Obama to finish fundamentally changing this nation. If Christians put him back in office either by voting for him or refusing to voter against him.

When the Lord calls me home, and I stand in judgement, I don't want to hear, my Saviour ask this question.

I heard your prayers. You were asking Me to stop/change him. Why didn't you also do what you could have done, but didn't?

If it's only a penny that I have to give, I'll put it in the collection plate. If it's only a single vote that I have to give, I'll put it in the ballot box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.