1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Billy Graham Organization's Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's a shame because he's been a stalwart for the faith with some stupid decisions mixed in. But folks remember the stupid stuff.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    First - your statement has told me much about you.

Second, since your profile does not indicate you as a Baptist, you are breaking the rules. Actually, it is rule # 1

Third, this is the last post of yours I will respond to in the Baptist Only section

#22 Salty, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you looking at his profile?? It shows him both a Baptist and the church he is a member of, Salty. You are out of line.

Feel free not to answer him. Your call. But he has 100% the right to post here.

4. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

That info must be available to Mods and Admins but it is not available to members, probably due to his security preferences, which are within his right to make strict.

BTW, the OP makes a good point. There is obviously a connection. Billy Graham's org should not compromise its stance on Mormanism and should continue to call it a cult. At the same time, there is nothing wrong with leaders of ministries voicing their personal support for one candidate or another, since this is different than an organization taking an official stance. Billy Graham could state something like, "Although I believe the LDS church is a religion theologically removed from the core tenets of Protestant Christianity but has certain moral teachings derivative of it, my personal conviction is that Mr. Romney is the best moral choice between the two candidates, and I plan to vote for him."

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

No one "stumbles into" hell, just as no one "stumbles into" heaven. You need to spend more time studying soteriology and less time ranting against Romney.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I did - thus the statement. His profile is still empty (to non-moderators)

request change of rules: profile must show denomination must be show to post in Baptist only section

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wouldn't it be better to simply ask someone if they are Baptist rather than appearing grouchy by assuming and accusing them?

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

***Moderator note: ZAAC's denominational profile is seen in the Moderator's screen as member of FBC Woodstock***

We need to ask Administrators for a change in how profiles can be viewed by all viewers

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is just too much.

#29 saturneptune, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
  10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

From your post #1 to present day.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Why is it that the same group of people who don't like me saying anything non-flattering about their candidate of choice are allowed to go from thread to thread constantly berating and making the threads about me instead of the topic of the OP?

I'm just saying because the stuff that just happened in this thread is what the same people do in every thread and then the thread gets closed for being off topic.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If they would answer the question without being rude and saying that it is none of their business and to stay on topic or else their post will be reported and deleted by a moderator.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Or perhaps some folks need to stop being rude in making demands behind the veiled threat of getting folks removed from certain sections based upon what they don't know.

As I said, some have a very bad habit of making the threads about me instead of what the original topic is. And do the same thing from thread to thread.

If it's personal information that I want you to know, I'll tell you based upon the perceived motive in a PM.

Otherwise, stick to the topic and not me.

#33 Zaac, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
  14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People don't need to become Mormons to "stumble into Hell". They are already on their way there from birth.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And I could see things being done this way if the person truly felt the issue was morality. But the way that it was done seems to point , possibly, to it being about politics.

I mean how do you risk authoring confusion about people's possible eternity over something like this? It completely breaks my heart to see the Church at this point where we seemingly don't even care about the fallout of potential souls going to hell ( if we are even thinking about it) all for the sake of getting what we want.

There is something VERY wrong.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

No one said that they did. But if the lies of Mormonism interferes with them receiving the truth, why author confusion about it's truthfulness or cult status?

If one of the top Christian evangelists perhaps of all times...if his organization doesn't see anything wrong with it anymore, then maybe it's okay to be a Mormon?

Is it not enough that one person may believe that and reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the result?

So why author confusion about something that could keep them there if they chase after it instead of God's truth?

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reason why that happens, Zaac, is because you constantly make remarks like "you're not getting your discernment from God" or "you people are on a self-righteous kick if you think Romney is going to save the country" or "so support an anti-Christ candidate and then pretend that it's a display of love for God" or "Folks are more passionate about winning an election than they are about Christ."

In fact, it is you that quite often make threads about others and then you turn around and complain when others take offense.

Now, back to the topic at hand. I think it was wrong for BGEA to take down the web page listing Mormonism as a cult. Billy Graham should probably have turned down Romney's request to meet with him and stayed out of the election. Will it hurt BG's legacy? I don't think so. His legacy was established years ago and this incident won't harm him. Will his hypocrisy be a stumbling block for the lost? Supposing lost people hear about the removed web page I don't think it will cause them to change their mind about Billy Graham, about Mormonism, or about Mitt Romney.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God can overcome the lies of Mormonism and draw people to his grace.

It is a problem, I agree.

People are spiritually blinded to begin with. They are already rejecting the Gospel of Christ. Still, I concede your point that if a lost person becomes a Mormon, they will be indoctrinated into a cult that *could* make it more difficult for them to come to salvation.

I agree.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And when people are making comments about ME that they believe to be true and I know it is not, then I have every right to say that the discernment is not from God. And the same people do it CONSISTENTLY and then try to justify it.

I don't think I've called anyone self-righteous. I've certainly been called self-righteous.

True statements that do not address any specific person.

My threads generalize and don't point out any specific person on this board. Yet every response from you and others toward my threads seems to make a beeline right back to me personally with some sort of personal dig.

:applause::applause:

I don't even think he should have turned down the request. He meets with everyone and always has. He's just never openly taken sides, and probably for good reason.

But to take sides and then seemingly compromise on something like this almost gives the picture that something else is going on.

I don't know. This was rather foul.

Again, if it's just one person, isn't that one too many over something he and his organization had been very clear in their teaching about for decades?

How and why do you do something like that when possibly somebody's eternity might be affected by it?

I keep hearing "Obedience is better than sacrifice". And there seems to be an immeasurable amount of folks thinking their sacrifice is better than obedience.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So you post in a Baptist only area of the board but will not post "Yes, I am Baptist" in public? Why is that?