1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Billy Graham reflects on growing old in Nearing Home

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Oct 14, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like Billy Sunday and D.L. Moody....

.....I believe the name and ministry of Billy Graham will one day be listed with the list of Great Evangelists, as noted on the attached web site (below).

You don't have to agree with their theology, but, in their lifetime; they were used mightily to bring many people to Jesus. Sure, there are negative aspects in the theology of these men, but no one can doubt or cast negative thoughts as to the fire that was in their hearts; and the courage and effort they had to spread the Word of God to a lost world.:applause:

Thanks FAL for bringing this post and the name of Billy Graham up. It gives those of us who look back and model some of our ministry styles after other great men of God a chance to share who we feel some admiration toward.:applause:

The thing I believe about these great preachers is that they will be recognized by God for both their good and bad sides. It is not up to me to cast any judgment in the direction of any of these men, because in their heart of hearts, they did what they believed the Holy Ghost was leading them to do. :applause:

I think this is an absolutely fabulous post, as it gives all of us an opportunity to discuss and share our feelings about these and other men of Evangelism throughout the ages of the church!

BTW - I have always admired Graham, and modeled much of my preaching style after him!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

SEE: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Great Men of God/great_men_of_god.htm

#2 righteousdude2, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011