1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bin Laden Has Been Killed!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, May 1, 2011.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You still missed a couple of corrections. Don't feel too bad, I did the same thing--said Obama when I meant Osama--in a phone conversation today.

2. mandym

mandym New Member

Ethicists: bin Laden killing is justice served

"Daniel Heimbach, senior professor of Christian ethics at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, N.C., said the "world is rightly celebrating the passing of Osama bin Laden as a matter of justice overcoming injustice and of truth overcoming deception."

Though Christians "should and must rejoice because in this event we see good transcending evil, we cannot and must never say we have any pleasure in the ending of a human life made in God's eternal image," Heimbach said in comments for BP. He added that Christians "must also, at the same time, truly regret that Osama entered eternity still perpetrating the lie he wrongly believed justified destroying so many innocent lives."

R. Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., said in his May 2 blog the killing of bin Laden "was fully justified as an act of war" but "we should feel the loss of the greater satisfaction of human justice." Bin Laden did not "have to answer the world about his murderous actions and plans" after the evidence against him was presented, Mohler said.

"Christians know that Osama bin Laden escaped the reach of full human justice and a trial for his crimes," Mohler wrote, "but he will not escape the judgment that is to come. Bin Laden will not escape his trial before the court of God."

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=35190

3. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Yes, only perhaps.

4. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

You lived your life that way before you were converted. So did I.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dude, you're one of the "whosoever's." bin Laden was not.

God placed Obama over us, and he saw fit to order bin Laden's execution. If we are to obey them that have the rule over us, then don't take us to task for celebrating the victory of the instruments of God.

I take no joy in his demise. I take joy in successful completion of one of the missions our commander-in-chief has embarked upon.

6. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Really?

Did God place Saddam Hussein over Iraq? Or was that an accident?

Obama is over us like any other leader of any other earthly kingdom. We're to render to Caesar what is his and all that, but we certainly do not have to take joy in their works.

Just ask the Roman Christians in 1st c.

7. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

It's a good thing that bin Laden is dead. However, it is unfortunate that he will never be held legally accountable for his actions. I would have preferred him to have been captured alive and tried in a United States District Court. While killing him was the right thing to do given that he resisted, we will be forever deprived of him being held accountable in court.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're not that dense, J. God allowed Obama to be elected, didn't He? Just as He allowed Hussein over Iraq...and us to overthrow him.

The mission was to bring to some kind of justice those who masterminded threats against our country.

In your job, do you not take some satisfaction in a task that you've completed?

And BTW: The roman Christians weren't persecuted because they weren't rendering unto Caesar what was his; they were persecuted simply because they were Christians. Your analogy as related to supporting our leaders doesn't work. When Obama starts rounding up Christians, then we can talk your example again.

9. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I wonder if Donald Trump will now demand that Obama produces the death certificate?

10. targus

targus New Member

On what grounds?

Did he commit the crime himself?

Was he on U.S. soil when the crime was committed?

Would kidnapping him and bringing him to the U.S. have held up in court?

Can you or anyone else prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is responsible? We are talking U.S standards of justice here.

He would have had a team of lawyers working around the clock turning the justice system on it's head to get him off.

Also a trial would have merely presented him with a platform to spout his hate.

His adoring followers would have been out committing new acts of terrorism in response to the "outrage" of his trial.

He got better than he deserved as it is.

#50 targus, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
  11. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the wife and I constantly said "Obama" while in the car driving home from the Metro station and only realized it when we stopped for soda at a convenience store.
    We had a good laugh at each other.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea well I knew the folks at the Port Authority. Im bitter!

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO! just leave it ...I like it that way.

14. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

My thoughts exactly. But you know how it is, with our "diplomacy".

:laugh: Deathers? LOL, don't give them any ideas!

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So they disposed of the best evidence that they really did get him.

Maybe Poncho is on to something.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They should have collected all types of forensic evidence then just pushed the body out the helicopter. The Pentagon & CIA have it now. Dont need the stinking corpse.

17. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Fine. If OBL is still alive and well, then all he has to do is pop up on a video saying "Ha ha! Missed me!" or something, and then Obama has shedloads of egg on his face. Don't hold your breath, though...

18. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My mother worked as a secretary at the FBI in Washington for 5 years after WWII. They had a whole rooom full of files and reports that Hitler was still alive and living in ______________ (you pick the nation)

Of course, it is possible that they didn't get the recently deceased man who shall not be named. After all, Elvis is living and working in a Burger King in Podunk Hollow, Michigan. :BangHead:

19. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes. He and Kurt Kobain run the grill.

There will always be conspiracy theories. I tend to believe he is dead and I would not be surprised when his buddies strike back.

20. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Don't forget that Paul McCartney is dead.