1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bin Laden Has Been Killed!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, May 1, 2011.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Wonder if that place has a fly-thru lane for UFOs? :smilewinkgrin:

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Surprised there's none on Michael Jackson. He became even bigger than Elvis, and I always figured it would be even more of the same whenever he would pass.

3. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Yes. Jim Morrison runs the fly-through window. Layne Staley and Janis Joplin work at the cash registers.

He supervises the childrens' play area.

4. mandym

mandym New Member

Michael Jackson has never been bigger than Elvis.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Bet ya a dollar to doughnuts it ain't so easy to get a frozen stiff to sink. :laugh:

I don't know how true it is but on all the tv cop shows time of death is a fairly simple thing to figure out for those expert enough to know how to do it.

Here's a question wouldn't a cremation have saved us poor taxpayers some money? We spent hundreds of billions allegedly finding and executing the guy and all couldn't we have gotten a break on some of the cost at least? Does the government think we're made of money? Naw, nevermind that last bit the government knows our money is created out of thin air. Just thinking with my fingers again.

#65 poncho, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
  6. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I thought he surpassed him. Elvis was the king of just "rock", where MJ was the king of all "pop". (Which would include rock, as well as the R&B/Soul background he came out of, and the crossovers between the genres).

At least, anyway, with Elvis over 30 years ago, MJ was more in the public consciousness afterward.

Is cremation acceptable in the Islamic tradition? (I know there have even been some Christians saying that cremation was wrong).

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Few people were bigger than Elvis...he probably went 300+.

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Are you wishing that our president was dead also? Maybe it's a Freudian slip on your part!

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know about Islamic burial traditions Eric I read the Bible not the Quran. I do remember hearing a story in school a long time ago about one of our generals having trouble with Islamic terrorists just after WW2.

Some of them were captured, tried in court and sentenced to death. The general had them lined up in front of a trench where they were shot to death. Their bodies thrown in the trench, sprinkled with pig's blood and covered over with dirt.

As the story goes the general had no more trouble from Islamic terrorists on his watch.

Maybe it's true maybe it's not. My memory isn't all that good anymore but the point I was trying to make is what does it matter to us what a murdering terrorist's traditions are? If his tradition allows him to murder my fellow countrymen in cold blood then his tradition deserves no special observances from us as far I'm concerned.

#69 poncho, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
  10. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Will this killing though remove the ever-present threat that Michael Moore might make yet another film about the whole thing?

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was a similar scenario in Lawrence of Arabia. Lawrence wrapped their carcases in pig leather.

HankD

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Jerry Garcia has been spotted in almost every state including Hawaii.

HankD

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You aren't confusing Cherry Garcia with Jerry Garcia are ya Hank? Cherry Garcia is an ice cream made in Vermont and is distributed all across the USA.

It's quite good too! It's made by a couple of liberals up there. I imagine now I'll get demonized for being a liberal myself because I enjoy a good dish of cream once in a while. :smilewinkgrin:

"There was a similar scenario in Lawrence of Arabia. Lawrence wrapped their carcases in pig leather."

No kiddin? I must have missed that part course I haven't watched that movie in a long time. How'd he make out with it?

#73 poncho, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
  14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi poncho, I can't tell if you are just kidding, so in case you aren't, Jerry Garcia is/was the (supposedly) deceased lead guitarist of the Grateful Dead.
    He was supposed to have permanently died in 1995 but he had faked his death several times before. This time he didn't come back.

The reason I know is that I am a dead ringer for Jerry (or is it the otherway around?). In fact in the past I have been swamped by kids in the street, malls, etc. wanting my autograph. For a while I shaved off my beard and the harrassment stopped but I have a rash problem from shaving and had to regrow it.

http://www.myguitarsolo.com/Players/JerryGarcia.htm

Me:HankD

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure about the Lawrence of Arabia thing. I believe it was in a scene where he had sacked a train. But like you it's been a while since I have seen it. Possibly he just threatened to do it and the rumor spread.

HankD

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't it funny how poncho buys into every crackpot theory any moron comes up with? :laugh:

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, he makes things interesting.

HankD

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not very.

Single mindedness and continual paranoia are kinda boring.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hey there Hank I was just messin around but seriously would you mind if I used your picture here to create a photo of me an Jerry playing guitar together? I know I can fake a photo better than the half wits at the pentagon and SITE! And I don't even have to use millions in taxpayer money to do it! :smilewinkgrin:

#78 poncho, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011
  19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are indeed serious go right ahead ... :smilewinkgrin:

HankD

20. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When will Obama ask to see proof that Donald Trump's hair is real?