1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Birth Control is Abortion!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Trying2DoRight, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

"Not tonight, Honey. I have a headache." "Sinner! Prohibiting me from trying to procreate!"

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has to be one of the dumbest threads ever started.

3. Trying2DoRight

Trying2DoRight New Member

Really? What exactly do you find so dumb about it.

4. Trying2DoRight

How old are you, if you do not mind telling me?

5. Sapper Woody

Old enough to have 3 kids and a career. And to know that my post shows the logical fallacy of some of the posters in this thread.

6. Trying2DoRight

Well Mr Old enough to have 3 kids and a career. How does what your post show stack up against the judgement of God? Take a guess if you must?

7. Sapper Woody

It's rather simple. Anyone who believes that contraception of any kind, including rhythm, is sin, HAS to believe that a wife denying her husband is sin. After all, who does she think she is, god? To tell her husband when they can try to procreate, instead if leaving it up to God?

It really is that simple. If you follow that reasoning, you end up at that logical conclusion. So, either one believes a wife denying her husband for any reason is sin, or they are wrong about vasectomies, tubes being tied, and natural family planning. Simple.

I am assuming that this answers your question. I had to make my best guess, since your question to me makes no sense.

8. Trying2DoRight

I don't know...maybe I am stupid. But I fail to see anywhere in all this...where you told me what you said stacked up to the judgement of God.

Am I that stupid? If so please point it out to me one more time.

Here let me help you help me.

How is God going to judge what you have said to me as the truth.

What would God's judgement be?

Post it for me.

Take a guess if you must.

9. Sapper Woody

God would judge my post as truth, since it is.

10. Trying2DoRight

Then you should be able to prove it. Right?
    I say you cannot prove it. I will go one step further and say you cannot even stand up to me in a debate. Mush less weather the undeniable judgment of God.

#90 Trying2DoRight, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  11. Sapper Woody

I already did by exposing the logical fallacy. And you don't debate. You don't even answer other people's questions to you.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, it is not wrong to believe that. It is wrong to hold that opinion to the exclusion of all others, and tell them that they are wrong in doing so.
    It is not wrong for you to believe the moon is made of cheese either. That is your opinion. You can voice whatever opinion you like. Just don't force it on anyone else and tell them it is right and theirs is wrong.

Now consider your opinion.
    You believe birth control of any type is wrong. I know of families that have more than a dozen children. Some of them live in poverty. Is it right? The Bible teaches that "he that provides not for his family is worse than an infidel."
    Perhaps if husband and wife had sat down and discussed their family income, their situation, and how many children they could afford to raise then they wouldn't be in the situation they are today.
    We are made in the image of God. That means that God gave us minds to use; to reason and to think, unlike animals. We are able to think ahead and plan.

If I have an accident and break my arm; my wrist also is cut and spurting out blood. I have a choice to make. You are telling me to trust God. He gives and determines life. But I believe that I should phone 911, and get immediate assistance from a doctor. If I don't there is a good chance I will die. What do you think I should do?
    Do you really think I should just pray and trust God that he will immediately heal me? Yet that is what you tell people on this board. Don't think about it! God will give you the number of children that you can handle.

There is a religion or doctrine for that kind of thinking. It is called fatalism. It is one of the chief doctrines of Islam. It is sad when Christians believe in it too. It is not providence; it is not sovereignty; it is foolishness! To step away from the mind, the use of the brain that God gave us to use, is absolute foolishness!

In as much as the Lord would have me call a doctor if I have a broken arm or a bleeding wrist, I believe he would have me think out and plan my family. And if birth control is part of that plan then it is not against God's will to use it. The Bible doesn't say anything against the use of: MRI's, Catscans, X-rays, or even wearing glasses which I am sure Paul could have used. But we use such "unbiblical" things anyway, don't we?

13. Trying2DoRight

So let us start here.

Prove that this statement you made about me is true. I will debate you on it. After all this is the foundation to everything else you said.

14. Sapper Woody

See, you don't debate. He put forth several good points. Yet you answer none.

15. Trying2DoRight

I will prove that this you have said is not true. I will debate you. Before we debate...are there any rules? If so post them for me.

People that make up their own rules as they go along....have nothing to prove.

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    main one is to stick to the bible, rightly interpreted!

17. Sapper Woody

Wow. You don't even understand that you've been in a debate this whole time, huh? Rules? BB has stated the rules. Bit the main rule in a debate is there has to be a back and forth. Not a dismissal of what everyone else says and refusing to answer their points.

18. Trying2DoRight

I will do you one better than that. Anyone who debates me can use the bible and interpret it any way they want. That has never bothered me in the past. I face it every time I debate a Christian anyway.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

We are entitled to our opinions, but we can't force them on others.

It is like this:
    You are a sinner. What you preach is damnable heresy. You are on your way to hell. Get out of the cult that you are in now. Repent before it is too late. This "abstinence of birth control" position is of the devil, and anyone who believes it will surely go to hell. You are a doomed person. Repent or go to hell. That is not just my opinion those are the facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm The above post is not debate, and it is against the rules.
    Now why not try answering my post instead.

20. Trying2DoRight

I will answer every question you ask me....one by one...one at a time.

Post your first question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.