1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bizzare Foods With Zimmerman

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Sopranette, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Does anyone else enjoy watching Bizzare Foods on the Travel channel? It's basically one man eating his way around the planet. And he does pick delicacies that are sometimes truely bizzare. But there is something very likeable about the guy. He must have an iron stomach!

love,

Sopranette

2. jakers

jakers New Member

Yeah, I think I've watched every episode that he has out so far. I have an extremely strong stomach and I even lost it a bit when he was eating the egg with the duck embryo in it. He's a freak, but it's enjoyable.

3. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

The last one I saw he was in Morocco. He said the sheep's eyeball was yummy. But even he couldn't manage to eat that half rotten meat preserved in fat. Gross!

love,

Sopranette

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

That is truly disgusting.

5. Rob_L

Rob_L New Member

Just think.........some of our missionaries are doing this on a daily basis!

6. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

But then some missionaries eat Chinese food every day! And from what I've seen so far, being a missionary in the Virgin Islands, well, there's plenty of good sea food there as well!
    I'm j/k, y'all....missionaries have it tough, no doubt!

love,

Sopranette

7. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The food is pretty disgusting, so i don't watch it much. But he is likeable.

I also watch the next guy on after him Anthony Bourdain and "No Reservations" ... he is so UN-likeable, that he almost become likeable.

8. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I watched Bourdain one time, while he was in China. I've seen him on other shows, so I kind of knew what to expect. Whenever he taste something sub par, he'll turn up his nose and walk away. So rude! At least Zimmerman will compliment the chef with a smile, even after he whispers to the camara how terrible the food was. The highlight of Bourdain's show was when he was high up in the Chinese mountains, and decided to light a cigarette. Always a brilliant idea if you're not used to the altitude. The lack of oxygen made him quite loopy for a couple of minutes. At least that was amusing, after he had been so rude before.

love,

Sopranette