1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BJU Version ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by DeclareHim, Jun 9, 2004.

1. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

As most of you have figured out I like to ask questions. So I'm asking another one. What is BJU's version stand. I have always sorta liked BJU. See I was born in Pickens S.C. which is 45 mins from BJU campus in Greenville. (I know my parents (Im only 16) have moved to Montana dont ask its a long story.)I always thought it would be cool to live with my uncle and aunt while going to college there.

2. aefting

aefting New Member

They use the KJV as their official version for chapel and Bible classes. They are not KJVO, though. They sell other modern versions in their bookstore and many of the students use modern versions.

Andy

3. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

thx thats basically all I wanted to know. appreciate the answer.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    They do also emphasize original languages.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I stopped off to the BJU bookstore this past week. Found an interesting pamphlet "Trusted voices of Translations" It was published by Mont Calvary Baptist Church, 1430 Hampton Ave, Greenville SC 29601. or email [email protected]

6. aefting

aefting New Member

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the link. A free copy of actual testimonials is a blessing.

8. Psalm145 3

Psalm145 3 New Member

9. superdave

superdave New Member

Yep, somehow I knew this was coming.

The Trusted voices on translation is an interesting read. It is certainly a great historical treatment of the controversy.

As far as that letter, I have seen it before, as well as several letters written in similar fashion in reference to this issue and specifically attacking the positions of BJU, Maranatha, Detroit Theological Seminary, and a few others.

If you read that letter, he clearly lays out all the good things that BJU is doing in its Bible department, preparing their students to study the Bible, but doesn't refute any of it with Biblical, Hostorical or reasoned evidence, he merely calls attention to it and than disputes it, without backing up any of his attacks.

Many of the "facts" that Dr. Waite uses in his letter actually come from the same greek word, balogna [ba-low-nee] n a lunch meat. It is made from the spare parts of pigs, such as their ears, snouts and tails.