1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Black Friday Shopping

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Nov 28, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Black Friday is the day after our Thanksgiving here in the US. It marks the official start of the Christmas shopping season. Retailers have special bargains on certain items, which are available in limited quantities. People get up really early to be at the stores by 4 or 4:30 a.m. to be in line and ready when the stores open before dawn. Some folks, like my mom and sisters-in-law, really enjoy the crowds and the thrill of getting such good deals so early in the morning. I think they do all of their Christmas shopping that day of the year.

Personally, I'd rather be safely tucked in bed asleep until the crack of noon!:laugh:

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Amen, sister!

3. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Went to my local Sears and Walmart stores - in the PM - missed much of the crowd.

Went to a big mall - many years ago - took about a half hour to find a parking place - forgot the experience - went again the next year - the second time stuck in my brain - haven't done that since.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I'll go, but not until late in the afternoon. I figure if God wants me to have something then He'll make sure it's in stock at 3:00PM as well as 3:00AM.