1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Black Leaders Switch to GOP in Florida

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Nov 25, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

And who owns the Washington Times and had himself crowned the messiah, I will make it easy for you...here is the false deceiver in all his
    faked glory ...perhaps that rubs off on the paper as well.

[​IMG]

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what does that have to do with black leaders switching to the GOP?

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I'll still bet that the average black voter in Florida still considers themselves to be a Democrat. And, I also bet that in 2008 the vast majority of the black vote goes to the democratic candidate.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No doubt about that.

6. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I agree, but GWB made significant inroads into the black vote in the last election. The Dems are doing a good job of getting them back though.

A deceiver is one only if he deceives someone.

7. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Our black citizens and fellow-Americans only are Democrats because of their scare tactics of the Democratic party. They tell them they will take away their 'Entitlements,' and for all of us our Social Security benefits just before our retirement.

My daughter used to be a Democrat and partially changed because she got tax breaks and a fat check in January from the U.S. government under our present president, George Bush.

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I'm surprised you would speak this way about George W. Bush, but I agree whole-heartedly. However, the black community will quickly realize that the Republicans are only attempting to deceive them for their votes.

9. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I'm surprised you would speak this way about George W. Bush, but I agree whole-heartedly. However, the black community will quickly realize that the Republicans are only attempting to deceive them for their votes. </font>[/QUOTE]So you have a wierd sense of humor....that's OK

10. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Maybe blacks are starting to realize that the democrats are constantly trying to keep them down in order to keep their vote. Keep telling them they cant make it without the help of the Federal government.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. A typical ad hominum attack by another member of a party without a vision and ideas.

11. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Do you really think you will find this story in a liberal left wing news source?

12. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

13. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Actually yes, it was. The Orlando Weekly, a free liberal alternative news source, had a write up about Mr. Wallace and his company.

BTW, black Americans who support the Democrats do not only do so because they want or even receive "entitlements". Do you say the same for the white Americans who support the Democrats?

Maybe blacks are starting to realize that the democrats are constantly trying to keep them down in order to keep their vote

So many people say this, but please show me how the Democrats are doing this? Do you not think that Black Americans can think for themselves? Do you believe that they all blindly associate with the Democrats, without thinking? Are Republicans the only ones who do not have the wool pulled over their eyes? You may not like the Democrats or their political stance, but in the game of politics it is all about votes. Both parties can be accused of doing what is necessary to accumulate more votes.

[ November 28, 2005, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Filmproducer ]

14. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

They tell them they will take away their 'Entitlements,' and for all of us our Social Security benefits just before our retirement.

I sincerely hope you are not assuming that only African Americans receive "entitlements". Who are the "all of us" you are referring to? Do only white Americans receive SS benefits? Also, what is this "scare" tactic you are referring to? On the flip side, I am sure that Democrats can argue that the Republicans use "scare" tactics to obtain votes, such as "the Democrats don't care about national security and if you vote for them they will cut defense spending in half and put it towards social programs".