1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blackbeard : America's Most Notorious Pirate

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Martin, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has anyone read the book, "Blackbeard : America's Most Notorious Pirate", by Angus Konstam?I have always had an interest in old Edward Teach, Blackbeard, but I have never done any reading on the subject. This afternoon I saw a Blackbeard biography on tv, sort of got my interest up again...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/047175885X/sr=8-2/qid=1152490632/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-1396822-7755144?ie=UTF8

What about, "Blackbeard: The Real Pirate of the Caribbean", by Dan Perry?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1560258853/ref=pd_sim_b_2/104-1396822-7755144?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155

I am not fixing to run out and buy anything. Just thought I would put a book on Blackbeard on my "to purchase" list.

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

RE:Blackbeard

Just think of the possibilities, why run out an buy when you could sail out and steal.:laugh: :laugh:

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My older bother wrote an essay on Edward Teach when he was in high school. Since my brother was a great student, I assume he totaly research the subject.
    He ended the essay with the following (not an exact quote, but close enough for goverment work?

...Blackbeard went back to England. The response to him was "Edward, you are a pirate, we DO NOT want you here! TEACH - OUT!

R. Bob Teachout
    (Salty)

ps, my brother got an A on the essay

4. North Carolina Tentmaker

I have not read the books you mentioned, but I just finished ”Pirate Hunter, The True Story of Captain Kidd,” by Richard Zacks. It was a great read. I got it from the library. If you are interested in pirate stories this is a great one.

5. fossilman

fossilman New Member

I'm reading a book now called "Piratitude: So you wanna be a priate? Here's How." It's by the people who brought us International Talk Like A Pirate Day. Anyway, it has a forward by Blackbeard.

Pretty funny stuff.

6. gekko

gekko New Member

havn't read the book - but seen a bit of the documentary on television.

interesting stuff.