1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blacks fear of police, and white folk is growing!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jul 9, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Per this article, dated 2015, and per the many television news clips I've had to watch repeatedly since the Dallas massacre, yesterday, it appears that black men, and women, fear the police here in America! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/05/black-america-police_n_6808506.html

Well, there is something that black America needs to know! Since Obama became POTUS, and has driven a huge stake between black/white relations in America, I NOW FEAR YOUNG BLACK MEN. My fear started a few years back when the young black men were going around and knocking innocent people out! However, my fear did not begin and end there; no, that fear has grown as I have watched the Black Lives Mater, movement along with the New Black Panthers, crank up their militant rhetoric towards to the police and all white people!

I guess I shouldn't say, "I have a fear of black men!" It is more like an UNEASINESS because there seem to be this smoldering ember within the black community; and I just don't know when or who that ember may explode and burn me or someone I love?! This is what causes me to be uneasy and cautious in ways I haven't had to feel since way back in the late 70s, when relationships between the black-and-white communities became more cohesive and friendly! I really thought things were getting better, and now, well ... it is troubling to say the least!

Am I the only one who feels this way? I don't believe so, and I'd like to have a discussion about this, and what we as a nation and civilization can do to end the division, and create a renewed social harmony; a harmony that is sorely missing!

In the words of Rodney King, "Why can't we just all get along?"

2. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

We have a presidential administration, Obama, that has led America with a racially divisive agenda.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1