1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blasphemy

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by menageriekeeper, Dec 31, 2006.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

I like that

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I agree with DHK. I have heard this view from others and it makes sense to me. Perhaps this is why it is not mentioned elsewhere in the Bible. I think it was a specific sin that could only be committed at that particular time. We are not warned about this sin elsewhere.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As far as I could humanly tell she was indeed a believer who had received Christ and was baptised. She showed forth the fruit of the Spirit, faithful in all that she did at Church, living an exemplary life in the world.

But she had this problem with the "blasphemy against the Holy Ghost" at times which would debilitate her with doubts for a season.

Slowly over the years she overcame and knew the joy of the Lord.

Personally, I believe it was satan/evil spirits tormenting/tempting her concerning her past sins in the flesh.

HankD

4. standingfirminChrist

J. Harold Smith preached a wonderful message back in 1974 called 'God's Three Deadlines'. In the sermon, J. Harold defined 'blasphemy of the Holy Spirit as, 'attributing the works of God or of the Holy Spirit to the devil', as Jesus pointed out in Matthew 12 when He was accused of casting out devils by the prince of devils.

5. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Agree, DHK says it very well. We say the same thing, differently. My post above carries "If we believe God is a Holy Trinity, then scripture tells us there is one in the Trinity man cannot blaspheme and get away with it, but that was yesterday for we in the "Body Church".

Mark 3:30 informs, "Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit." As we do not have the Power of the Holy Spirit to "heal" as Jesus, or those that were "filled with the Holy Ghost" at Pentecost and afterwards to do wondrous works, no one can resist the Holy Spirit that is not in us as was in Jesus and the others. Paul is the last to loose this Power of the Holy Spirit.

We know Jesus died for all our sins, and not just that specific one. I don't know that I agree with DHK as this could never happen again, but it cannot happen in this dispensation of God that we live in. Those that go into "the tribulation period" will again see the Power of the Holy Ghost, and I would think accusations could again perhaps bring danger of eternal damnation.

6. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Thanks for filling in further observation. I too have seen this of those that are in self, doubting their eternal security in Him. Some will never allow themselves to believe they are safe in Him, and happy to see she found the joy in Him.